Embedded GSOC Analyst
Minneapolis, MN, United States
Sibylline LtdGlobal Risk Analysis - Embed Operations - Threat monitoring and reputation risk services. Sibylline is a strategic advisory firm, dedicated to helping decision-makers identify opportunities and mitigate risks in their operating environments.
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
Key attributes of Sibylline employees are:
- Self-motivated, and auto-improving individuals who can couple initiative and boldness with good judgement
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Clarity of thought and analytical flair
- Strong, demonstrable interest in security and intelligence
- The ability to work under pressure, demonstrate leadership when required but also be able to collaborate effectively in teams
- Excellent attention to detail
Our Benefits include:
- Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) up to 5% matching
- Generous PTO and Sick Time
Sibylline is looking for a GSOC Analyst to join our team in an embedded role within a client's corporate security function. Based in Minneapolis, MN and reporting to the GSOC Manager, the successful candidate will join a 24/7 team of GSOC analysts.
GSOC Analysts are responsible for monitoring physical security functions, detecting and assessing risks, and reporting occurrences while determining their impact on the client's business operations, employees, and facilities. The GSOC uses a variety of tools, such as global access control and alarm monitoring systems, CCTV monitoring systems, threat intelligence sources and in-house applications to detect and report threats and incidents. These situations can include political instability, terrorism, natural disasters or technical failures.
This position requires the ability to work on weekends and holidays and on shift rotation. The role is on-site only at our client’s offices in Minneapolis. MN. Candidates will exhibit flexibility and adaptability to changing needs of the work schedule and shift workload. They must be self-starters, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a global team.
Candidates will be managed by the Embedded GSOC Manager day-to-day, but will also report to Sibylline’s Intelligence Operations team. Full support and guidance will be provided from our head office, including training and professional development.
These positions represent an excellent opportunity for the right candidates to continue their development as a physical security analyst with a leading firm growing at 50% per year. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' personal professional profiles. Moreover, being embedded truly offers “the best of both worlds”, giving a small firm ethos alongside large firm exposure and experience.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure timely response to incidents, alarms, notifications, and calls for service;
- CCTV and Alarm monitoring escalation and triage;
- Evaluate and process information received from all available sources, and respond with appropriate communication, analytic reporting, and incident response procedures;
- Ensure all forms of communications, such as written reports, emails, phone conversations, and personal interactions are conducted in a confidential, courteous, and professional manner and documented appropriately;
- Maintain knowledge of the GSOC specific standard operating procedures;
- Manage physical security and control functions at designated locations;
- Communicate security issues or emergency situations by escalating information to department leadership, local law enforcement, emergency services, such as EMT, Fire Departments, etc; and
- Participate regularly in security/safety training programs to stay current on critical GSOC responsibilities and competencies inclusive of drills and tabletop exercises.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree (Criminal Justice, Security Studies, or related fields) or equivalent work experience in fields such as security, research and analysis, investigations, or customer service;
- Attentive, organized, and detail oriented;
- A quick learner with the ability to multi-task;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment;
- A strong team player with the ability to work independently as needed;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Flexibility and ability to work all shifts (24/7 operations), willingness to assist the team with overtime as needed;
- Familiarity with access control systems, CCTV monitoring systems, and other incident management and/or security platforms preferred.
Successful candidates will be invited to complete a writing assessment test writing skills. Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to a final panel interview. In the current environment, our interviews will be conducted virtually.
The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience.
Sibylline is committed to the recruitment and selection of candidates without regard for sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, age, political beliefs, culture and lifestyle. The firm is committed to fostering a business culture that reflects these values and promotes equal opportunity.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Minneapolis, MN, United States Minneapolis, MN, United States Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 95K - 135K * USD 95K+ *
EAC Product Development Solutions
Information Security AnalystAudits Compliance Industrial Monitoring Pentesting Travel +1
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs