Cyber Security Research Internship - Penetration testing, networking, and the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
Norwood, MA, United States
Factory Mutual Insurance CompanyFM Global's multinational presence and capabilities allow us to provide seamless insurance solutions, services and claims response around the world.
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We are seeking a motivated Cyber Security Intern with a strong focus on penetration testing, networking, and the MITRE ATT&CK Framework. In this role, you will conduct penetration tests on IT, OT, and IIoT systems, analyze network configurations, and identify vulnerabilities. You will also utilize the MITRE ATT&CK Framework to map attacks and provide comprehensive reports on your findings. This is an exciting opportunity for a student with a solid foundation in networking and cyber security to gain hands-on experience and further develop their skills.
As a Cyber Security Intern, your main responsibilities will include:
- Conducting penetration tests on IT, OT, and IIoT systems using various tools and techniques
- Analyzing network configurations, especially Routing and VLAN, to identify potential vulnerabilities and security risks.
- Applying the MITRE ATT&CK Framework to map attacks and understand various cyber threat methodologies
- Documenting findings and writing comprehensive reports on conducted tests.
- Presenting findings and recommendations to team members and stakeholders
Collaborating with the team to develop and improve Red Team tactics.
Interviewing for this role will begin towards the end of first quarter 2024.
Actively pursuing or having completed relevant coursework in cyber security, computer science, or a related field
- Solid understanding of networking concepts.
- Experience and knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Familiarity with common penetration testing tools and techniques (Kali Linux)
- Excellent communication, report writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
The hiring range for this position is $22.00 to $30.00 per hour. The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
More jobs like this
Remote and/or any of … Remote and/or any of these Cloudflare Offices: … Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 115K - 198K USD 115K+
Security Research Analyst - Threat IntelligenceCloud Cloudflare DevOps DNS Encryption Exploits +13
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs