Digital Security Specialist
TransurbanAs one of the world’s largest toll-road operators, everything we do works to get people where they want to go, as quickly and safely as possible – from designing and building new roads to researching new vehicle and road safety technology.
Working at Transurban is different; it’s a place where you can see the benefits of your work play out in real life, every day. We create city-sized solutions—building and operating safer, smarter, and more sustainable roads.
About the role
We’re seeking a Digital Security Specialist to join the Digital Services team, who’ll collaborate closely with the Cyber Security team. The Digital Security Specialist will focus on the technical aspects and will support the business process and digital aspects of ensuring the security of our digital customer touch points.
This role will be driving opportunities to continuously improve security within our digital service offerings. The Digital Security Specialist will work to reduce security risks and implement any recommendation to digital designs and process, reduce cyber risks by maintain integrated, automated and effective controls to detect any potential threats.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Expand and integrate the App security capabilities into the digital area to ensure efficient reviews and be the point of contact into the Cyber Security team for any digital projects and major programs.
- Collaborate with the Cyber Engineering team to ensure ongoing coverage and assistance with components impacting digital areas.
- Provide operational support and monitor security capabilities with adequate secure coding practices.
- Conduct technical security reviews and provide security consultation to projects and initiatives with respect to cyber platforms.
- Provide input into digital security architecture and the secure coding and application strategy and roadmaps.
This role will suit someone with a curious mind and transferrable skills and experiences, including:
- Working experience within digital and application security architecture, with experience in continuous deployment (AWS), DevOps and Agile practices.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and deploying security infrastructure and applications across digital applications such as mobile apps, websites, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in Securing Mobile, Web & Integration/API stacks
- Strong understanding of cloud security, such as IAM, SSL, PCI, WAF, Bot protection, API security, OWASP industry standards and best practice.
- Ability to think strategically and pragmatically when it comes to security and digital customer experience.
- Exceptional communications skills with the ability to translate technical information into easily understandable terms.
- Demonstrate resilience in their work with the ability to work well in a fast paced, dynamic, and ambiguous environment.
If you meet some of these requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
With a career at Transurban, you’ll enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- A range of flexible working and leave options, including the option to purchase an additional six weeks of leave each year
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (regardless of gender or carer status), with no waiting period, with Superannuation paid during unpaid leave as well
- Learning and development opportunities to support your career interests
- Health and wellbeing support—access to Headspace and our EAP program, wellness facilities, and more
- Share offers and insurance benefits
- Social activities, community give-back programs and paid volunteer days
We offer a range of flexible working and leave options, so you can balance your work and life commitments and interests. Have a conversation with us about how this could work for you.
We embrace diversity with a foundation of safety, wellbeing and inclusion; where everyone belongs. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, gender identity, marital or family status, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, cultural or socio-economic background, perspective, and experience – whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable and safe to express ideas, questions and concerns.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experiences, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people living with disability. If you require any adjustments or support during the recruitment process, please contact us.
Ready to help us keep cities moving? Apply today.
Closing Date:19-Feb-2024 0:00
Please note: The closing date reflects the time zone of the Primary Location for this job posting.
Primary Location:Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs Melbourne VIC
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs