Security Engineer, Mobile
Hyderabad, India (Main Office)
DeliverooWe deliver your takeouts or essential groceries from the best-rated local partners straight to your door. Download our app or order online. Food. We Get It.
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company that is secure and protects the data and money of our customers, employees and investors.
As a Mobile Security Engineer, you will work closely with IT and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis to ensure applications and products have been developed and deployed securely. There will be a constant need for you to get hands-on to identify or help resolve issues whilst looking at ways to drive automation and consistency in adopting a mature approach to security.
Reporting to the Head of Product Security, this hands-on technical role will be working on a range of security projects and activities. You will be directly influencing the security posture of many applications and products across the company to ensure that security plays a key part in the development and engineering life cycles.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as one of the central points of contact with the business with regards to mobile security.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure that security is built into the design of our mobile applications across the business.
- Drive mobile security and the adoption of advanced security controls and testing methodologies across the business..
- Integrate and maintain key security controls and technologies for the Security team in order to support Mobile Security for all three sides of the Deliveroo marketplace.
- Deliver security automation at scale throughout the company to ensure high speed, automated security testing throughout the delivery pipeline.
- Analyse our mobile applications to identify key security risks, and recommend and drive security improvements using a risk based approach.
- Support vulnerability assessments and security testing.
- Actively work with engineers to remediate vulnerabilities and where appropriate writing fixes yourself.
- Support the Security Risk Management function on security policies and standards, security audits, vulnerability compliance, and risk management.
- Work on the product security engagement plan, to educate engineers by scaling up security champions, implementing a framework for security best practice, threat modelling, and security input into design reviews.
- Minimum 4 years working as a Mobile Security Engineer with further hands on experience in security (Such as application security).
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CEH, SANS, CREST, OCSP, etc.
- Background or hands-on knowledge in Mobile development.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Mobile security pen testing methodologies.
- Familiar with security reinforcement of mobile applications, experience in reverse analysis of client applications.
- Master the common security vulnerabilities and solutions of the mobile client, and be familiar with the security testing and vulnerability detection.
- Understanding of encryption and cryptographic protocols, including SSL / TLS, AES, and RSA.
- Experience using the following tools: Hopper Disassembler, Radare, IDA Pro, Jeb, Jadx, Burp Suite Pro, Xcode, Android, Studio, ADB, Apktool, YARA, Frida, Objection, Cycript, Theos, Cydia Substrate, Magisk.
- A passion for any of the mobile platforms and a keen interest in upcoming changes in the mobile operating systems, the tools and APIs such as security libraries.
- Familiarity with DevSecOps tooling, testing and automation frameworks.
- Be capable of performing mobile application security assessments to identify design and implementation flaws, potential vulnerabilities and threats.
- Have general awareness of the types of new technologies emerging in the security landscape including the latest mobile security threats, trends, and technologies.
Preferred, but not required:
- A mix of consulting and industry experience.
- Experience with Bug bounty programmes.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs