IT Security Intern
Milwaukee, WI, US, 53204-2941
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the mining, forestry, industrial, and construction industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced Internet of Things (IoT) technologies and global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, and Modular Mining products and related services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
At Komatsu, we create value through manufacturing and technology innovation to empower a sustainable future where people, businesses, and our planet thrive together. As an intern at Komatsu, you will have the opportunity to be a part of something big!
How you will help us create value together:
As an IT Security Intern, you will be responsible for a range of support activities for the IT Security Team. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work with junior and senior members of the Security Engineering and Security Compliance Teams. The internship will focus on areas such as incident handling, intrusion detection and prevention, identity governance, security risk analysis and assessment. The IT Security Intern will also assist with research, documents development, and reporting of security metrics.
This position will be based onsite at our South Harbor location in Milwaukee’s Harbor District! The target start date for this role is Summer 2024 and has potential to be extended into the Fall school semester. We offer full-time hours during the summer and flexible part-time hours during the academic year.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assist IT Security team in areas such as security monitoring, security incident response, and vulnerability management.
- Research and documentation development on how various technologies and processes work.
- Gathering, reporting and delivery of security metrics
- Identify areas where our programs can be improved (especially through automation), and where possible implement those improvements.
Pursuing a bachelor's or advanced level degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology, Cybersecurity or a related field
Hold a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior level in good academic standing
Ability to work independently as well a part of a team towards a goal
Excellent organization and personal time management skills; able to handle multiple tasks (time-sensitive)
Strong written and verbal communications skills
Possess effective problem solving and critical thinking skills, able to be creative and resourceful when needed
Self-confident, self-starter, goal-oriented team player who is motivated to meet or exceed expectations and established deadlines.
Previous work or classroom experience with information systems, systems audit, information systems security, or data analytics
Experience working and/or interacting with professionals globally and in various functional areas
Ability to demonstrate highest business ethics and professionalism in maintaining corporate confidentiality.
About Our Internship Program
Our Internship Program is rooted in community, collaboration, and innovation. Intern program perks include:
Several Intern-inclusive networking opportunities such as:
Meet & greets with executive leadership
End-of-Summer Capstone presentations
Company-sponsored travel opportunities
Access to amenities at Milwaukee HQ’s including a coffee shop, cafeteria serving breakfast and lunch, and free onsite fitness center
Potential to come back or join us as full-time employees
Real-world project work alongside local, regional, and global team members
Mentorship from experienced subject-matter experts in your field
We’re excited that you’re interested in an internship with Komatsu, and we look forward to reviewing your application! While you wait for future communication from our team, we encourage you to learn more about our business by visiting www.komatsu.com.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs