Cyber Security Analyst
Sydney - Eastern Creek, NSW, Australia
- High performing, diverse, inclusive, and supportive team
- Proudly making a difference with the transition to renewable energy
- Access to corporate discounts | Fitness Passport | EAP
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to be part of an organisation dedicated to nation-building renewable energy projects that will provide on-demand energy and large-scale storage for many generations to come.
We are seeking for cyber security analyst to join our team of highly skilled security professional dedicated in protecting our organisation's digital assets. As part of cyber security operations team, you will have to opportunity to work alongside seasoned security experts in the fortification of organisations digital landscape against cyber adversaries.
In your new role, you will be responsible for the maintenance, configuration and deployment of security systems designed to uphold Transgrid’s security profile on the internet and internally. As the Cyber Security Analyst, you will place a significant focus on establishing and maintaining the security practice within the organisation, demonstrating a keen interest in the utilisation of security tools and a willingness to expand your knowledge in this area.
The ideal candidate for this role will come with a proven background in managing security tools, which includes experience with EDR, firewalls, vulnerability scanners, antivirus products, and security logging tools. They should possess a robust understanding of the principles underpinning the operation of an Information Security Management System (ISMS), a strong knowledge of ISO27000 practices and controls, and ideally, hold relevant qualifications from organisations such as SANS, ISACA, ITIL, and Vendor certifications.
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in an appropriate discipline, or equivalent industry relevant experience in configuring, maintaining, and deploying security tools.
- Good exposure to the handling of security incidents to its root cause.
- A minimum of 3-4 years in a similar role, preferably in the Power or an OT related environment or equivalent experience
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to explain security concepts to system users and stakeholders.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- A willingness to take on low level tasks with enthusiasm and due diligence.
- Demonstrated ability in the production of documentation using accepted standards and notations.
- Participate in the Security/ISMS continuous Improvement program to take on and be innovative in the resolving of raised issues and treatment of root causes.
- Ability to mentor capability and willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated background in the technical aspect of managing, configuring and deployment of security tools including EDR, firewalls, vulnerability scanners, a/v products and security logging tools.
- Appropriate current or recent qualifications from SANS, ISACA, ITIL and Vendor certifications
- Understanding of Risk management practices with the ability to participate in Risk assessments and maintain Risk registers.
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work, we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Who we are
At Transgrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
Applications close on Friday 16 February 2024
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received. We do not accept agency introductions as Transgrid operates a direct sourcing model.
Transgrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs