Cyber Cloud Security Risk Specialist
New York City
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of New YorkWorking at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems.
The Bank believes in work flexibility to balance the demands of work and life while also connecting and collaborating with our colleagues in person. Employees can expect to be in the office a couple of days per week as needed for meetings and team collaboration and should live within a commutable distance.
What we do:
Information Security New York (ISNY) is responsible for developing, executing, and maintaining a superior information security program that promotes resiliency by identifying and mitigating cyber risks and threats through risk-based consultation, advice, and direction for controls, designs, and investments for the entire Bank.
Within Information Security, the Risk Assessment and Management Department (RAM) is responsible for assessing risks associated with 3rd party vendors systems, software, IoT devices, ICS, technology processes, or outsourcing arrangements handling, processing, or storing Federal Reserve data. The team works directly with the business providing guidance and managing risks. The department is also responsible for the integration of security practices into DevSecOps methodology, performing application security testing and working directly on tooling integration as part of the CI/CD pipeline. The engagement and guidance to the product development teams are implemented through the Security Champion Program ensuring each product team has developers trained in security matters.
Your role as a Cyber Cloud Security Risk Specialist:
You will work in a dynamic team environment and play an important role in helping the Federal Reserve carry out its responsibilities. The Cyber Security Risk Expert will be responsible for risk assessments, Cloud mitigations, security testing and overall risk management. The role is an individual contributor who will work closely with technology squads to flawlessly deliver technology projects to the business customers. The candidate will be required to perform risk assessments which include application security testing focusing on Cloud migration workloads. The position resides in the Information Security Function and reports to Cyber Security Assurance Manager.
Role’s objectives are:
- Accelerate Cloud application security risk assessments.
- Execute assessments timely and accurately.
- Facilitate application security testing ensuring only compliance workloads move to the Cloud.
What we are looking for:
- Execute assessments in the Cloud and against third party SaaS solutions.
- Perform risk management based on NIST 800-53.
- Determine vulnerability risk impact on key objectives and critical processes; ability to link risk management programs and initiatives to inform critical business strategies and processes.
- Thrive in the DevSecOps culture.
- Manage projects, strong decision making and execution abilities.
- Manage and resolve security findings in a timely manner and in the Agile management practice.
- Application security testing skills supporting Ci/CD pipeline.
- Possession of or the ability to obtain and maintain National Security Clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship.
Salary Range: $150000 - $210000 / year
We believe in transparency at the NY Fed. This salary range reflects a variety of skills and experiences candidates may bring to the job. We pay individuals along this range based on their unique backgrounds. Whether you’re stretching into the job or are a more seasoned candidate, we aim to pay competitively for your contributions.
Our Touchstone Behaviors—Communicate Authentically, Collaborate Inclusively, Drive Progress, Develop Others, and Take Ownership—help shape the culture of the Bank. They also provide a shared language for how we work together and achieve success, and they set clear expectations for leading with impact at every stage of your career with us. Learn more.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
- And more
The New York Fed expects its employees to perform their duties with honesty, integrity, and impartiality, and without improper preferential treatment of any person. Learn more about our code of conduct and conflicts of interest rules.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
We value accessibility for all candidates and are happy to provide an accommodation or assistance. Please email us at email@example.com and we’ll be glad to help.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This position requires possession of or the ability to obtain and maintain national security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.
More jobs like this
Toronto, Ontario, Canada Toronto, Ontario, Canada Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 58K - 107K USD 58K+
DevSec Ops, Cyber Risk, Consultant/Senior ConsultantAgile Ansible Application security Automation AWS Azure +24
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flexible spending account Flex vacation +4
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs