Technical AWS DevSecOps Release Manager
PeratonPeraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly...
We are hiring Immediately! We have a need for a Release Manager. This quaified individual is responsible for leading and owning the technical aspects of Dev/Sec/Ops application development releases to include the planning, scheduling, testing, and controlling of the successful delivery of the release. Ensure all technical teams (DevOps, Database, Network, Security, Application teams) deliver the services on time and manage the application development milestones through to production operational support for successful implementations. He/She will manage the Release Management lifecycle that involves all stages such as documenting the technical content of the release, scheduling the release, coordinating between teams, identifying and deconflicting any risks and managing the deployment of the release as per the schedule and within budget.
What you will do:
- Work with all stakeholders to provide detailed technical documentation for the release planning, testing, tracking, release content, deployment, communication, and risk management.
- Manage the technical requirements to complete the testing stage and deployment stage, and work closely with the application development team, testing team, and production team maintaining coordination and communication between all stakeholders.
- Support the release management tools used to manage the releases.
- Ensure the configuration management and development of software meets processes are incorporated.
- Validate all security requirements are being met with the release and no new security issues are being introduced with the release.
- Plan the release of project deliverable, release metrics, and release reporting.
- Communicate at both a detailed and executive level, the release related tasks such as plans, timelines, requirements, etc. between different teams.
- Coordinate the release schedule and resources required depending upon the third-party applications, defect backlogs, planned releases, and infrastructure updates.
- Identify the risks that can delay the release and manage them, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected.
- Track the progress and identify and report on issues, if any.
- Schedule the release readiness reviews before deployment and milestone reviews after each release.
- Create detailed Hour x Hour plans for the implementation and deployment as per the release schedule.
- Plan and give weekly updates on the release activities.
- Make sure the allocation of Release Engineers and technical staff aligns to every release.
- Communicate with release managers from different stakeholders.
- Lead the Go-Live activities to deploy the release is successfully.
- Team up with relevant development teams responsible for building the automation tools used to develop and deploy the software.
- Schedule the release review and change board meetings to discuss the release schedules with the team to identify roadblocks, if any.
- Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies.
- 5 years with BS/BA; 3 years with MS/MA. Additional years of experience maybe accepted in lieu of the degree
- Previous experience as an AWS Dev/Sec/Ops Engineer developing continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/CD)
- Deep understanding of Cloud orchestration and AWS GovCloud platform best practices.
- Experience with AWS GovCloud cloud services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, VPC, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, EKS, ECS, KMS, IAM, RDS, EventBridge etc.
- Experience with of Infrastructure as a Code and the use of Application Release Automation tools
- Experience producing metrics and dashboards to report on capacity, usage, etc.
- Experience working in a government secured environment and understanding the security requirements (NIST, DISA).
- Experience working with production incident management tools and processes to resolve Enterprise level issues.
- Experience in working with DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Kanban methodologies
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience deploying application infrastructure, system architecture, and operating system
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required agency clearance
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership skills with the ability to problem-solve and manage teams.
- Project management skills and the ability to develop and develop leadership level presentations on release progress.
At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best beyond the work you do with us daily. We’re fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Target Salary Range$86,000 - $138,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs