Senior Technical Lead - Cyber Systems Engineering, Senior Advisor
College Park, MD, United States
PeratonPeraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly...
The Technical Lead is an integral member of the Peraton Labs Network Systems team supporting a customer site location with responsibilities to provide technical leadership for a team maintaining information systems and their appropriate security posture. This individual shall have relevant working experience to perform Linux and/or Microsoft Windows system administration tasks and solid knowledge to manage the security aspects of an information system. The individual must be capable of interfacing with the customer as well as monitoring and directing subcontractor tasking.
This position requires full time on-site work in College Park, Maryland.
Key responsibilities include:
- Performs tasks in IT and telecommunications projects in one or more of the following areas: Windows and Linux server system administration, Integrating GOTS/COTS/open-source solutions, Virtualization technology, Networking and TCP/IP protocols, Storage technologies, Remote access.
- Implement, maintain, and enhance a complex and diverse development environment
- Reviews and tests systems for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Resolves reported system issues
- Utilizes engineering and research design methodologies appropriate to the development/test/production environment
- Conducts requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual system components with emphasis on complex topics.
- Configure new systems and apply best practice security configuration on computers, servers, and network equipment
- Install, configure and troubleshoot hardware, networking devices and software
- Physically setup, cable, and power computers in classified and unclassified spaces for new programs or new computer additions; Activate network ports including patch network when needed
- Devise information system backup mechanism for program’s specific requirements; perform system/date backup and archive logs according to security plan; exercise system and data recovery procedures regularly
- Create custom solution or provide commercial tool recommendations to automate audits procedures where SCAP Compliant Checker lacks proper functions to support. Examples include automated log rotation, mechanism to alert audit process failures, or scripts to detect inactive accounts.
- Support ISSM to perform audit tasks as needed
- Develop and execute approved procedures for sanitizing and releasing system components and media
- Maintain a working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
- Twelve (12) years of experience and a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or a related discipline, or a Master's Degree with ten (10) years of experience, or a Ph.D with eight (8) years experience. In lieu of a Bachelors' degree an additional four (4) years experience is required for a total of 16 years of experience.
- At least one technical certification in systems engineering (e.g., INCOSE), information security (e.g., CISSP), networking (e.g., CCNA), system administration (e.g., RHCE, MCSE), virtualization (e.g., VCP), information technology systems management (e.g., ITIL) or project management (e.g., PMP, Agile).
- Experience with Windows and Linux server system administration as well as network engineering
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering IT and telecommunications systems and solutions
- Active TS SCI security clearance with a current polygraph is required.
- Ability to work complex projects as a senior contributor within a development team consisting of customer and subcontractor personnel
- Strong communication skills and experience working directly with customers
- Strong communication skills and experience directing technical staff including subcontractor personnel
- Experience with working with operational mission partners in the MD footprint
- Experience with the management and execution of large-scale software development and sustainment effort(s)
Peraton offers enhanced benefits to employees working on this critical National Security program, which include heavily subsidized employee benefits coverage for you and your dependents, 25 days of PTO accrued annually up to a generous PTO cap and participation in an attractive bonus plan.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Target Salary Range$190,000 - $304,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
More jobs like this
MA801: Marlborough, MA 1001 … MA801: Marlborough, MA 1001 Boston Post Road … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 118K - 246K USD 118K+
Senior Manager - Cyber Engineering (Onsite)Clearance Cryptography DoD Linux Mathematics Privacy +8
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Gear +6
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs