Principal Product Security Engineer
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
Elevate your career as a Principal Product Security Engineer and take the lead in driving technical excellence while delivering end-to-end solutions in collaboration with cross-functional teams encompassing product management, development, and quality assurance. Thrive in a fast-paced environment where your expertise will shine as you work closely with our esteemed public Cloud partners to architect and design cutting-edge solutions that redefine the landscape of cloud security. As a hands-on practitioner, you will actively contribute to the development of next-generation cloud security solutions at scale, ensuring their robustness and effectiveness. Your role will be pivotal in shaping our products, engaging in all phases of the development cycle, from initial definition and design through meticulous implementation and testing. Join us in the forefront of innovation and make a lasting impact on the security posture of our evolving technology ecosystem.
- Design and implement scalable security solutions for cloud environments in multi-cloud environments (GCP, AWS, Azure, Alibaba, etc)
- Evaluate and Implement security policies to prevent Security bad practices
- Automate security controls and processes in cloud environments, enhancing overall security posture
- Define Cloud security standards and implement preventive, corrective, and detective controls
- Collaborate with Product teams on how to best secure Cloud resources
- Develop and automate processes to enable the security team to scale
- Understand and provide guidance on how best to secure Infrastructure as-Code
- Participate actively and contribute to Cloud architecture and development discussions
- Develop solid understanding and be able to explain advanced Cloud Computing and Cloud Security concepts to others
- Provide security and engineering guidance to junior members of the team
- Proven hands-on experience in cloud solutions and design for secure and compliant integration of applications on all Cloud Service Providers with main focus on GCP/AWS and Azure
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Python) for automation tasks, with an emphasis on security-related automation
- Excellent team player with strong coding, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of DevSecOps principles, CI/CD pipelines, and automation tools including but not limited to GitLab CI,Jenkins, BitBucket, XSOARwith a focus on security integration
- Strong understanding of Cloud Security Posture Management tools
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code (IaC) concepts and tools such as Terraform or Ansible, with a focus on security best practices
- Strong understanding of Cloud Identity and Access Management
- Hands-on experience with Cloud distributed systems and high scale designs
- Experience designing/building scalable REST API and data pipelines
- Strong understanding of standards and compliance frameworks including FedRAMP, SOX, NIST, PCI-DSS, etc.
- M.S/B.S degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent military experience required
- High energy and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a can-do attitude
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc. or equivalent military experience required
Serious mission, fun culture; We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that embraces challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers. They say it’s the people you work with that make you want to go to work and it’s true here; we love our work.
Think about it: Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill every time we beat the bad guys.
We hope to meet you soon!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $157,800/yr to $255,200/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Is role eligible for Immigration Sponsorship?: No. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs