Security Engineering Manager
At Leidos, we do work that really matters inspired by our mission to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. With 25 years of local experience, our 2000 team members, work together to solve Australia’s toughest challenges in government, defence, intelligence and border protection. We’re robust and ambitious, and we empower our people to do their best work. You’ll feel inspired by what you can achieve and will be supported by an inclusive and flexible culture that genuinely cares for your wellbeing. Together, we can be the difference.
We've got so much to offer at Leidos, here are a just a few of the Benefits we provide our team:
- Life Days are the Leidos way of recognising that we all need some extra time out to take care of life. By working slightly more than the minimum weekly hours (2 hours per week for full timers) you can accrue up to an extra 12 days of leave per year.
- Professional development and support to set you up for success and assist you in achieving your career aspirations.
- Novated leasing through our partners FleetPlus.
- Leidos Life Hub provides access to discount offers or cashback rewards with over 400 Australian and International retailers.
Leidos Australia have a great opportunity within our Security Engineering team for a strong manager and principal leader to drive our delivery and services in support of Defence. Leading a geographically dispersed team with a wide range of skills and career aspirations, you will grow and mature team members ensuing core capabilities are in place to manage Security Controls across multiple environments.
As the Security Engineering Lead you will be responsible for the engineering processes and tools, ensuring they are set up and operational to deliver; safe, fit for purpose and supportable solutions to our Defence customers. In this role you will drive risk management, improve environment security posture to meet current and emerging threats, and will proactively work with other areas of the team to report and track compliance of policies and regulations. More specifically you will be responsible for:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Security Engineering team, ensuring the teams are meeting operational and performance objectives and develop team members to ensure they have relevant skills and qualifications.
- Assess and manage risks to the effectiveness of platforms and services to protect against current and emerging threats.
- Provide advice and guidance to the team on defence engineering related technologies data and trends to identify area for contract growth and support the account strategy.Team-level budgeting, planning, and roadmap.
- Manage and improve Security Controls specific processes, dependencies, and integrations across multiple environments.
- Stakeholder management to ensure that the Security Engineering Team meet the needs of the business and comply with all relevant laws, and regulations and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the Cyber Security strategy and ensure the team is aligned with the strategy.
- Responding to audit findings, prioritizing remediation measures and manage the budget your team, including staff, contracts, and technology.
- Identify demands, objectives and key results and define and monitor supporting performance metrics.
- Ensure the availability, stability, and performance of Security Control platforms.
- NV2 Australian Government Security Clearance
- Ideally you will be a degree qualified engineer with at least 15 years of experience in defence engineering and large ASDEFCON projects.
- Membership with the Institute of Engineers Australia (IEAust) with Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) or similar industry body credential.
- Experience leading large teams of engineers (design and integration) to deliver Defence capability to an ADF customer.
- Whilst you will be a passionate advocate of engineering, you will understand business imperatives, and be able to communicate with all levels and departments – representing engineering and related technical issues in a way that can be understood by relevant audiences.
We’ve been keeping Australia safer, healthier and more efficient for 25 years, here’s just three ways how:
- We work with the Australian Department of Defence to design and operate the cyber security tools used across the Army, Navy and Air force.
- We deliver software development and operational support through to the integration of underwater autonomous vehicles and survey ships to meet mission objectives.
- We’re building the next generation secret end user environment for the Australian Department of Defence across a number of strategic locations around Australia.
Applicants will be required to be an Australian Citizen, hold and maintain an NV2 Australian Government Security Clearance and may also need to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements. In certain circumstances this can place limitations on persons who hold dual nationality, permanent residency or are former nationals of certain countries as per ITAR 126.1.
At Leidos, we embrace diversity and are committed to creating a truly inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, veterans, neurodiverse people, and people of all genders, sexualities and age groups.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs