Threat Detection Engineer II
San Jose, California, United States
ZscalerZscaler is the leader in cybersecurity and zero trust digital transformation. Transform your IT and security needs with the best CASB and SASE solutions.
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 4,500 companies and 100 million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Zscaler is looking for a highly technical staff security researcher with significant experience in threat hunting. This position will be responsible for analyzing zscaler product telemetry and hunting for malware threats at scale through in-depth log analysis and malware behavior. The results will be used to develop innovative tools to automate further threat hunting, produce technical threat analytics reports, and publish research blogs.
- Responsible for analyzing and creating detections around the latest advanced threats and TTPs affecting Zscaler products and customers.
- Responsible for the development and design of signals which can automatically highlight active threats.
- Analyze malware, attacks, and threat intel for patterns and develop automated solutions for analysis, classification, and categorization of data for further automation.
- Conduct threat-hunting operations in complicated SaaS environments and drive product innovation in threat detection
- Work with global cyber intelligence collectors to identify, contextualize, and instrument current and emerging cyber threats.
- Identify gaps in controls, processes, systems and recommend solutions.
- Actively participate in the cyber security community, establishing relationships and knowledge sharing.
- Contribute to the detection and alerting pipeline so that our Threat Hunting team can quickly identify and remediate potential security threats.
- Develop security-focused tools and services in support of intelligence, detection, and response.
- Required 7+ years hands-on threat detection, threat research and threat hunting experience
- Strong understanding of tools, tactics and procedures (TTPs) of threats actors (eCrime/APT)
- Experience in incident analysis and response using industry standard frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK and the cyber kill chain
- Experienced in security information and event management tools, such as Splunk, Elasticsearch.
- Experience with malware analysis - dynamic & static
- Must be able to validate findings, perform root cause analysis, and deliver recommendations for fixes.
- Strong scripting and automation skills are must (Python preferable)
- Must have excellent reporting and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of web protocols and web application security
- Experience writing IDS/IPS, YARA signatures
- TTP based threat hunting
- In-depth log analysis and malware tracking and monitoring
- Data mining experience with large security data sets such as IDS, IPS and firewall logs.
- Strong development background with experience in Python and Familiarity with SQL
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree from four-year college or university (preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline), or equivalent security industry work experience.
Zscaler’s salary ranges are benchmarked and are determined by role and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations and could be higher or lower based on a multitude of factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
The base salary range listed for this full-time position excludes commission/ bonus/ equity (if applicable) + benefits.Base Pay Range$91,000—$130,000 USD
By applying for this role, you adhere to applicable laws, regulations, and Zscaler policies, including those related to security and privacy standards and guidelines.
Zscaler is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
See more information by clicking on the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal link.
Zscaler complies with all applicable federal, state, and local pay transparency rules. For additional information about the federal requirements, click here.
Zscaler is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations or adjustments) in our recruiting processes for candidates who are differently abled, have long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support.
Tags: Agile Analytics Application security APT Automation Cloud Computer Science Cyber Kill Chain Elasticsearch Firewalls IDS IPS Log analysis Malware MITRE ATT&CK Monitoring Privacy Python SaaS Scripting Splunk SQL Threat detection Threat Research TTPs Zero Trust
More jobs like this
Remote - Ontario Remote - Ontario Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 52K - 98K * USD 52K+ *
Senior Software Developer - Full Stack (Security Research Services Development)Agile APIs Artificial Intelligence AWS Cloud Full stack +15
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex vacation Health care +6
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs