IT and Information Security Lead
Carlsbad, California, United States
HydrosatHydrosat provides daily, high-resolution thermal and multispectral infrared imagery of the entire Earth. Leveraging our first-in-history thermal capabilities, we also provide analytics solutions to solve climate and agriculture issues.
Note: this position is in-office in Carlsbad, CA or hybrid
Hydrosat is a venture-backed space data analytics company developing a new earth observation constellation and software to unlock the power of thermal infrared imagery. Our mission is to capture and deliver thermal infrared data, currently not available from other sources, to provide insights into crop health, drought and wildfire risk, industrial activity, and situational awareness to government and commercial customers.
We are seeking an experienced IT and Information Security Lead to support the procurement, deployment, and administration of Hydrosat IT systems following cybersecurity best practices. This role is responsible for overseeing the implementation and enforcement of a comprehensive security program, policies, practices, and training.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive information security strategy to safeguard Hydrosat systems and digital assets.
- Ensure adherence to compliance requirements, standards, and information security policies (e.g. DFARS, CMMC 2.0, NIST SP 800-171).
- Oversee IT security operations and DevSecOps, including risk assessment, incident response, and vulnerability management.
- Develop and deliver security awareness and training programs to educate employees about security threats, best practices, policies, and their role in safeguarding company data.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors to assess and validate the effectiveness of security controls, compliance with regulations, and alignment with best practices.
- Manage the use of IT systems used in the operations of both in office and remote teams.
- Oversee and optimize the relationships with external vendors or service providers.
- Understand the operational needs of Hydrosat teams and implement IT systems to improve operational efficiency.
- Establish key security performance indicators (KPIs) and report on the state of the company's security to executive leadership and stakeholders regularly.
- U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain security clearance up to TS/SCI
- Technical background in IT, Information Security, or DevSecOps
- 5+ years of relevant hands-on experience supporting IT and Security operations
- Demonstrable understanding of relevant standards (e.g. NIST SP 800-171 controls)
- Demonstrable understanding of U.S. Government security requirements (e.g. NISPOM)
- Experience with administration and security of modern cloud business applications
- Experience with AWS services
- Knowledge of cloud security standards and best practices
- Strong first principles thinking and decision making
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to take ownership and drive execution
- Equity options
- Health insurance: Medical, Vision, Dental
- Maternity, Paternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
- Flexible work location
- 401K Matching
Hydrosat provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Analytics AWS Clearance Cloud CMMC Compliance Data Analytics DevSecOps DFARS Incident response Industrial KPIs NISPOM NIST Risk assessment Security Clearance Security strategy Strategy TS/SCI Vulnerability management
More jobs like this
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 145K - 235K USD 145K+
Palo Alto Networks
Sr Staff Security EngineerAutomation Endpoint security Firewalls Incident response SaaS SIEM +2
Career development Flex vacation Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment +1
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 137K - 223K USD 137K+
Palo Alto Networks
Sr Manager, Sales Enablement, Network SecurityCompliance KPIs Network security Strategy
Career development Competitive pay Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs