Principal Software Engineer (Cloud Security QA)
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
Palo Alto Network's Next-Gen Firewall Cloud Security team is looking for a seasoned and accomplished cloud security software QA engineer with experience in Public and Private Cloud Security testing and automation .You will be part of a world-class software QA/devops engineering team that works on various ground-breaking cloud security solutions and service offerings.
As a member of the SQA Engineering Team, You will be expected to lead and participate in all technical phases of the product QA cycle including, test strategy, test plan, execution, automation. You will have exposure and interactions with partners, customers, support teams, development teams, and product management teams. You will be involved with analyzing, testing, and modeling Palo Alto Networks top customer’s deployments to increase the reliability of products and solutions in complex deployment scenarios.
- Drive a results-oriented culture with a strong focus on test execution, quality, and speed Utilize your experience in customer deployments and network operations to model networks, and develop, automate, and execute complex solution test plans
- Interact with partners, customers, support teams, development teams, and product management teams
- You are a self-motivated, independent and proactive engineer, responsible for qualifying Palo Alto Networks products with public and private cloud solutions
- Develop the highly automated CI/CD system for private and public cloud testing and deployments
- Drive the automation within and across the cross functional teams and strive to achieve technical and operational excellence in every step of the release
- 10+ years of experience in highly technical roles in QA at large organizations or innovative startups
- Strong L2/L3 hands on networking experience and ability to troubleshoot the networking issues
- Experience leading QA/devops test or automation teams involved with Cloud or Network security
- Experience and Good domain knowledge with cloud-based deployments (AWS/Azure/GCP experience preferred)
- Experience in one of the following - Python or Golang
- Good understanding of public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization, global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing, networking, database, server-less, and security
- Good understanding of KVM, VMware and other Virtualization technologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies is a plus
- MS or BS in CS/EE with minimum 5+ years of experience in the cloud networking security industry, or equivalent experience or equivalent military experience
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $170,000/yr to $275,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Is role eligible for Immigration Sponsorship?: Yes
More jobs like this
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 145K - 235K USD 145K+
Palo Alto Networks
Sr Staff Security EngineerAutomation Endpoint security Firewalls Incident response SaaS SIEM +2
Career development Flex vacation Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs