Associate Security Analyst
Artarmon, New South Wales, Australia
The Missing LinkIndustry-leading IT consulting & support services to help realise the potential of technology for your business. Learn how we can help you achieve goals.
The Missing Link have been operating in Australia for over 26 years with offices in both Sydney and Melbourne. With over 180+ staff, you will be joining a highly successful team which is set to grow.
Our core offerings include cyber security, hardware and software, resiliency, cloud, communications, infrastructure, consulting services and managed services.
Our Security division is one of the fastest growing Cyber Security businesses in Australia and is split into three service areas:
- Red Team (Security Consulting & Penetration Testing)
- Blue Team (Security Architecture & Engineering)
- Security Operations Centre (SOC)
We're recognised as industry leaders and accredited to the highest levels in the design, delivery, and support of the latest technologies. We partner with market-leading global and local vendors to deliver world-class business outcomes through IT transformation. Today, The Missing Link is one of the most awarded IT companies in Australia.
We have a number of focus areas and specialisation within the SOC, these are:
- Defender: SOC Engineers who are responsible for the proactive management, maintenance and incidents involving security solution software and infrastructure
- Hunter: SOC Analysts who conduct regular hunts through telemetry from various security solutions looking for IOCs and BIOCs
- Watcher: SOC Analysts who triage and investigate alerts from various security solutions but primarily from EDR and SIEM
- Responder: SOC Analysts who lead or contribute to the progression and resolution of Incident Response scenarios
The Missing Link Security Operations Centre provides 24x7 Managed Detection & Response (MDR) support to our clients across a variety of sectors. Day-to-day you will be responsible for the monitoring and triaging of alerts from market-leading MDR technologies, collaborating with our SOC Engineers, Red Team and our clients to develop, test and tune use cases through Purple Teaming exercises.
You will also be proactively supporting our clients and the Senior Security Analysts in responding to security incidents, through log and malware analysis, OSINT and researching the latest zero-day vulnerabilities.
We believe in investing in and developing our people through a variety of training and education programs. When you first come on board, you’ll be given a structured training and development plan that is tailored to you and your previous experiences. This will include a combination of industry qualifications as well as vendor-specific certifications specific to your role.
- 1+ years of experience working with systems, networking and security technologies either in an Managed Service Provider, or equivalent role.
- Hands-on security knowledge of Windows/Linux/Unix platforms
- Hands-on experience with one or more SIEM/EDR/VM systems and can demonstrate end to end knowledge of the TDIR Methodology
- In-depth knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- A demonstrated knowledge of IT security controls, OSI Model and TCP IP Stack
• You are naturally curious and a self-starter. Tell us about how you build Cyber Labs and Ranges in your own time, or your latest research project.
• You listen to and follow podcasts and bloggers like Darknet Diaries, Recorded Future, @IT_SecGuru or @TheHackerNews. Tell us what r/ threads you’re currently tracking.
• You have exposure to Vulnerability Assessments or Penetration Testing professionally or through your own personal research. If you’ve started a CEH or OSCP certification, even better!
• Show us how you automate using PowerShell and Python. • You have COMPLETED, not started, certifications such as CompTIA Network+ and Security+ as well as core networking such as Cisco CCNA or CCNP.
A great company culture is very important to The Missing Link. Keeping everyone happy is one of our top priorities.
Here are some of the best bits about working at The Missing Link and some of the ways we try and maintain our staff happiness levels:
- Supportive, collaborative and respectful environment
- Training / mentoring programs
- Regular fun social events
- Diverse range of employee benefits including paid volunteer days
- Great bonus structure
- Free breakfast, drinks and monthly lunches
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs