Senior Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst - Tier II
Home Office - Illinois - Chicago Metro
JLLJLL ist bestens mit dem Immobilienmarkt vertraut & bietet sachkundige Beratung. Kontaktieren Sie uns bei allen Angelegenheiten rund um Gewerbeimmobilien.
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
What this job involves:
About the role
Jones Lang LaSalle, an international commercial real estate firm, is looking for a Senior Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst to respond to threats faced by the organization. This position is accountable and responsible for responding to alerts and incidents generated by JLL security controls and employee submissions. The position is also responsible for escalating identified critical issues to the Incident Response Team. This analyst will support pivotal Global Cyber Defense capabilities by responding to any and all cyber threats that JLL faces. This role is a highly dynamic role that will require not only strong leadership and interpersonal skills, but also advanced technical ability and understanding to support threat response and incident investigations. Additionally, with the level of integration between core ops functions, they must facilitate robust communications between other teams within the cybersecurity organization.
This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Threat Defense and Response and in addition, interface regularly with senior leaders such as the global CISO, various business lines, and technical engineers. A successful candidate must have great leadership experience while being detail oriented and capable of operating in an extremely dynamic environment.
This position can be completed remotely from any state within the United States.
- Responding to security control alerts and employee submissions while performing the collection, triaging, and analysis of alerts generated by JLL systems.
- Assisting other SOC Analysts and Incident Responders while responding to advanced attacks/incidents.
- Staying up to date with emerging threats and vulnerabilities to improve JLL’s threat response capabilities.
- Tracking key metrics and continually improving ability to measure and monitor the maturity and performance of the overall threat response program.
- Recommending control and defensive measures to protect the organization from advanced threat actor tactics.
- Coordinating efforts to automate repeatable scenarios using SOAR playbooks and native programming tools like Python.
- Assisting with defining, creating, and maintaining SIEM detection rules and dashboards
- Mentoring junior Security Operations Center Analysts
Sounds like you? To apply you need to be:
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or Cybersecurity field (or equivalent experience)
- 2-4 years Cybersecurity experience, preferably in a SOC or Cybersecurity Analyst role.
- Strong appreciation and demonstrated ability to harness automation and custom tooling to streamline response and data collection.
- Advanced working knowledge of Cybersecurity prevention, detection, and response capabilities such as, but not limited to: AV, EDR, SIEM, digital forensics suites, IPS, and WAF.
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems, as well as multiple cloud environments such as but not limited to: Windows, Mac, Linux, Azure, GCP, AWS, and O365.
- Familiarity with Cybersecurity industry best practices, frameworks, and methodologies such as but not limited to: NIST 800-53, ISO 27001, MITRE ATT&CK, CIS.
- Industry recognized certifications (or industry experience/education) such as but not limited to: BTL1, C|SA, GSOC, GCFE, GCIH, and CEH.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Ability to respond to highly technical alerts and incidents.
- Ability to trace down an endpoint on the network, based on ticket or alert information.
- Familiarity with system log information and what it means.
- Understanding of common network services (web, mail, DNS, RDP, etc.).
- General Desktop OS and Server OS knowledge.
- TCP/IP, Internet Routing, UNIX / LINUX, Mac, & Windows
- Ability to investigate and utilize SOAR, creation of SOAR playbooks is a plus
- Experience in automation of security incidents is a plus
- Knowledge about various industry tools and standards such as SIEM, PCAP analysis, IDS/IPS, network monitoring tools, digital forensics suites, sandboxing, ticketing platforms, AV, EDR, and SOAR
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks, techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management, vulnerabilities, zero-days, etc.
What we can do for you:
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
Estimated compensation for this position is:140,000.00 – 160,000.00 USD per year
The pay range listed is a total compensation range including bonus, if applicable. The provided range is an estimate and not guaranteed. An employment offer is based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, internal equity and alignment with market data.
Location:Remote –Chicago, IL
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, JLL will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
More jobs like this
Dallas, TX, US, 75219 Dallas, TX, US, 75219 Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 117K+
Assurance - Forensic and Integrity Services - Data Analytics - Senior - Multiple Positions - 1469155Analytics Azure CFCE CISA CISM CISSP +10
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Startup environment
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs