Software Development Engineer - Security
WorkdayWorkday Enterprise Management Cloud gives organizations of all sizes the power to adapt through finance, HR, planning, spend management, and analytics applications. Move beyond ERP and deliver extraordinary results in a changing world. Learn...
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamGreetings from the Workday Security team!
Our top priority is keeping our customers' data secure. We employ detailed security measures at the organizational, architectural, and operational levels to ensure that your data, applications, and infrastructure remain safe. We work on complex security challenges at-scale and welcome engineers who love tackling these problems!
About the Role
We are looking for a hard-working Software Engineer to join our Security team. As a key contributor to Workday Adaptive Planning's next-generation platform, you will be responsible for delivering a secure, high-performance service to Workday's customers. If you like solving complex security challenges in a fast-growing environment, then this is the right role for you!
Basic Qualifications (Software Engineer)
4+ years of experience crafting and implementing enterprise software, components, frameworks, web applications
2+ years in software development using Java & distributed technologies
BS in Computer Science/related technical field or equivalent experience
Experience adhering to security standards Experience designing and implementing security practices and standards
Experience with Oracle, Postgres, SQL, PL/SQL, Kafka, Spring Boot
Understanding of database design and distributed systems at scale
Experience/knowledge building tools and internal applications to discover, evaluate, and mitigate security vulnerabilities during development and in production
Network level security experience, in particular: SSL/TLS certificate, Public Key Encryption (EPKE)
Deep knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies: OAuth, SAML, Federation, SSO, OpenID Connect, etc.
Experience working in Security, Cryptography, Authentication and Authorization Spring Boot security
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs