Security Analyst - UHealth IT
Offsite Remote Work - UHealth IT
University of MiamiA private research university with more than 16,000 students from around the world, the University of Miami is a vibrant and diverse academic community focused on teaching and learning, the discovery of new knowledge, and service to the South...
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
UHealth Information Technology department has an exciting opportunity for a Security Analyst. The security analyst conducts computer forensic investigations, data recovery, and electronic discovery. Additionally, the incumbent maintains systems to protect data from unauthorized users. An employee in this position identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
Meets with clients and managerial personnel to determine and define specific security management requirements.
Evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of existing security control measures, identifies vulnerabilities that may cause inappropriate/accidental access or destruction/disclosure of information, and establishes security controls to eliminate or minimize exposure.
Maintains training and awareness programs to ensure owners and clients are aware of their responsibilities.
Attends human resources orientation to ensure security awareness is explained.
Provides organization-wide security consulting services.
Documents all inquiries relating to any perceived or alleged security breach.
Performs research on new and improved ways to properly protect the organization’s information assets.
Performs established auditing and monitoring analysis to verify compliance with established security policies.
Advises information asset owners of recommended control measures and presents reports on who has access to the data.
Oversees the day-to-day access functions performed by security coordinators.
Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
BA/BS in Information Technology, Data Analytics, Information Assurance, Computer Science, or related discipline required. However, will accept experience in lieu of education as noted below.
With degree, minimum 5 years of experience in Information Technology required with at least 2 years of experience working in a Cybersecurity Operations Center or Cybersecurity Incident Response Team. Without degree, minimum 11 years of experience required.
Certification in relevant specialty or field required.
Experience collecting, organizing, and analyzing data gathered from SIEM, IPS, NAC, vulnerability scanners, network scanners, log aggregation tools.
Relevant professional certification, such as Security+, GSEC
Excellent communication and technical writing skills
Strong critical thinking skills.
Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Job Status:Full time
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs