Senior Technology Risk Officer (Cybersecurity & IT Risk Management)
EurofinsWorld leader in food, environment, pharma product testing & agroscience CRO services; 61,000 staff across a network of more than 1,000 independent companies (940 laboratories) in 59 countries, offering over 200,000 analytical methods.
Why are we here?
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic, and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is dedicated to delivering testing services that contribute to the health and safety of society and the planet, and to its corporate responsibility to protect the environment and ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion across the entire network of Eurofins companies.
In a nutshell
As a Senior Technology Risk Officer you will play a vital role in ensuring the robustness of our IT security controls. In addition to your primary focus, you'll have the opportunity to engage in various projects such as Phishing campaigns and IT Risk Resilience tests as part of your daily responsibilities.
This role will require the person to be able to travel extensively easily throughout Europe up to 35% to 50% of the time.
Where will you be based and what business will you support?
Joining one of our teams in Barcelona - the Group Assets and Risks department- you will be at the forefront of managing risks associated with IT Management, Infrastructure, Operations, Development, Cyber, and Information Security activities in the EMEA region.
How can you help us?
Your primary area of expertise will be to contribute to central and local IT Risk Assessments and provide recommendations to the Business Leaders by:
- Independently designing, planning, and conducted projects related to different areas of Team´s activity.
- Executing IT risk and audit assessments in accordance with professional standards, at all levels of the Eurofins’ Organisation: Central Services, Regional Infrastructure, Laboratories within the assigned region and making relevant recommendations to initiate risk reduction.
- Supporting the development of internal IT risk assessment methodologies and improve the existing ones.
- Producing clear and high- quality technical and non-technical reports to formally communicate results to the management.
- Conducting following up activities related to the implementation of agreed action plans, in aim to mitigate the identified IT risk.
- Maintaining professional relationship with internal stakeholders and partners (IT and business).
Are you our kind of extraordinary?
- This position requires an independent and structured candidate with self-confidence and negotiation skills, with an ability to challenge established processes and ease to manage multiple priorities and ambiguity in a rapidly moving business environment.
- Strong Emotional Intelligence with demonstrated leadership in a large organization involving multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate information security and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences in English.
- International profile, open to frequent business travels.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in performing roles in Cybersecurity, Information security and/or in related IT Control Functions.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of Risk Management and/or IT Audit processes.
- Broad experience with IT processes, IT development and/or cyber/information security controls.
- A strong technical background in cybersecurity/information technology to ensure the achievement of business outcomes where the business process is dependent on technology.
- Basic technical understanding of network infrastructure design, firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM/SOAR.
- Ideally knowledge/experience in UK/EU Data Protection Regulations, NIS2 Directive and other relevant regulations.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or other relevant field.
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary package, including bonus and benefits;
- Extensive on-the-job coaching and training opportunities;
- Challenges within a multi-cultural and cross-regional team as part of the international and fast-growing Eurofins organization;
- A dynamic working environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are highly encouraged.
As the role and Eurofins' IT Talent Acquisition team are international, please ensure to submit your application in English.
Want to know more about us?
We support your development! Do you feel you don’t match 100% of the requirements? Don’t hesitate to apply anyway! Eurofins companies are committed to supporting your career development.
We embrace diversity! Eurofins network of companies believe in strength and innovation through diversity, being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination against employees or applications based on gender identity and/or expression, race, nationality, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, and everything else that makes employees of Eurofins companies unique.
Sustainability matters to us! We are well on our way to achieving our objective of carbon neutrality by 2025, through a combination of emission reduction and compensation initiatives. We encourage our laboratory leaders to make sustainable changes at their local level, and in addition to their initiatives we also count on our dedicated carbon reduction team to help us to achieve this goal!
Find out more in our career page: https://careers.eurofins.com/
Company description: Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and agroscience contract research services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 35 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 61,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of ca. 900 laboratories in 61 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2022, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.7 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs