Cybersecurity and Zero Trust Engineer
USA, VA, Arlington (Pentagon Army Navy Dr & Fern St)
Booz Allen HamiltonUsing tomorrow’s technologies, Booz Allen advances the nation’s most critical civil, defense, and national security missions.
Everyone knows security needs to be “baked in” to a system architecture, but you know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce their attack surface. What if you could use your cyber engineering skills to design and build secure systems for the U.S. Government? We’re looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer with Zero Trust experience who can create solutions for the government that will stand up to even the most advanced cyber threats.
As a Cybersecurity Engineer on our project, you’ll be part of architecture and design efforts of innovative cybersecurity solutions and service offerings to protect information systems and networks. You’ll coordinate with a dynamic team of thought leaders and experts to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer’s IT needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you’ll investigate new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. You’ll lead the team through a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions to maintain a balance of security and mission needs. This is a chance to make a difference in the security of the U.S. Government. Your technical expertise will be vital as you help customers overcome their most difficult challenges by leading cybersecurity technologies and domains, including IoT and Cloud security, Automation and Orchestration (A&O), identify and access management, and machine learning. Join our team, as we tackle cybersecurity challenges around Zero Trust and shape opportunities to implement solutions and service offerings leveraging investments and proven capabilities.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
• 2+ years of experience with IT operations or cybersecurity
• 2+ years of experience with leading technical project delivery for large, complex organizations
• Experience with supporting or architecting Zero Trust solutions, roadmaps, and capabilities in alignment with industry standards, including NIST 800-207, CISA ZTMM 2.0, and DoD Zero Trust Reference Architecture
• Experience with leading product selection initiatives, including A&O, AI, analytics, secure DevOps, identify and access management, or network access control
• Experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP
• Ability to lead ZTNA and SASE vendors
• Ability to author technical documentation, whitepapers, and blogs on leading cybersecurity topics and concepts and work with and guide senior leaders, including CISO, CIO, CTO, and executives to ideate, build, and execute cybersecurity capability maturation
• Ability to collaborate with project and proposal teams effectively to incorporate cybersecurity solutions and develop high quality implementation plans and roadmaps
• Ability to obtain a security clearance
• HS diploma or GED
Nice If You Have:
· Experience in a cybersecurity compliance, operations, or engineering leadership role
· Experience with selecting, designing, and implementing security tools and capabilities for large, complex federal or commercial organizations
· Experience with innovative cybersecurity capabilities, including A&O, AI and machine learning, NGFW, and Big Data
· Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Top Secret clearance
· Bachelor's degree
· Information Security Certifications, including CEH, CISM, CCSP, CCSK, CISSP, or CompTIA Security+
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll develop your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $93,300.00 to $212,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees. This posting will close within 90 days from the Posting Date.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.
Tags: Analytics Automation AWS Azure Big Data CCSP CEH CISA CISM CISO CISSP Clearance Cloud Compliance CompTIA DevOps DoD GCP Machine Learning NGFW NIST SASE Security Clearance Top Secret Top Secret Clearance Zero Trust ZTNA
More jobs like this
San Diego, California, United … San Diego, California, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 140K - 170K USD 140K+
Tandem Diabetes Care
Sr. Product Security Engineer - FirmwareCCPA CISSP Compliance Computer Science Encryption GIAC +9
401(k) matching Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation Health care +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs