Network Security Engineer - Northeast (Remote)
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
Security Engineers at GuidePoint Security are experienced professionals who are autonomous, experienced, self-driven security fanatics. Our Security Engineers are materially involved in the complete security technologies opportunity lifecycle, from pre-sales through delivery and have the freedom and control over how engagements are scoped and delivered. Our unique position as both a Value-Added Reseller (VAR) AND a professional services organization also requires our Security Engineers to continually expand their knowledge and experience with the latest cutting-edge information security technologies. This helps satisfy our Security Engineers desire to constantly expand their knowledge and better meet the needs of our clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provides effective network security implementation and consulting services for multiple unique customers and environments.
• Ability to implement and manage SASE technologies such as Zscaler and Palo Alto
• Develop high-level network security documentation including as-builts, recommendations, implementation guides, network diagrams, etc
• Up to 25% out-of-town travel may be required to client locations in New England and New York Metro
• 3 to 5 years of security engineering experience in the Information Security industry
• Experience in a consultative or professional services role previously.
• Experience working with deploying and integrating with SASE technologies such as Palo Alto, ZScaler, iBoss, Broadcom etc.
• Hands on experience migrating from one firewall vendor to another with tools such as Palo Alto Expedition, Check Point SmartMove, etc.
• Broad experience with foundational security concepts.
• Experience authoring security runbooks, policy, and best practice documentation
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 550 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 2,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity. This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- Remote workforce primarily (U.S. based only, some travel may be required for certain positions)
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental premiums with generous employer family contributions
- 11 corporate holidays and a Flexible Time Off (FTO) program
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
- MacBook Pro laptop
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs