Cloud and Application Security Engineer
Remote US, Lincoln, NE, Omaha, NE
HudlHudl provides video review and performance analysis tools for sports teams and athletes at every level.
We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count. How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We’re looking for a Sr. Cloud & Application Security Engineer to join our Security & Compliance team. If you’re looking for the unique opportunity to use your builder mentality & lead with the heart of a teacher, you’re in luck. You’ll help shape the future of security at Hudl – ensuring the SaaS platform & IoT offerings incorporate modern DevSecOps principles & best practices operating in a hyperscale cloud environment.
The Senior Cloud & Application Security Engineer is responsible for managing & implementing technical solutions, driving improvements, creating security standards & policies, maintenance of re-usable & secure solutions, and functioning as a subject matter expert on services provided to the organization. The Senior Cloud & Application Security Engineer also builds and maintains strong relationships with multiple business, technical teams, and customers and ensures that the overall security strategy is aligned with both Hudl’s strategic objectives and Security & Compliance charter. You’ll maintain a senior level of expertise in multiple technical domains (focused in DevSecOps & Cloud), perform proof-of-concept engagements, adopt forward-looking & business-aligned technology platforms and expand areas of expertise as the business evolves.
Once we can safely return to our offices, we’ll leave it up to you to decide where you want to work: our Lincoln HQ, Omaha office, or remotely from home.
- A leader. You’re self-directed and can communicate a vision others will be compelled to follow. Provides hands-on implementation/configuration expertise to major products and programs specific to the required security posture within Hudl’s cloud platforms, and integrated with the product & application teams.
- Technically Adept. You’re a subject matter expert implementing, operating, or troubleshooting cloud-based & SaaS services, including Amazon AWS (preferred) or Microsoft Azure. You also have senior level experience integrating security capabilities in cloud & application lifecycle management platforms. DevOps model is a plus!
- A strong communicator. You can communicate high-level risks with stakeholders. You work alongside key security, technology & business groups to develop leading enterprise cloud & application engineering to ensure the protection of Hudl & customer assets and data.
- Organized. Documentation and knowledge-sharing comes naturally to you. You value year-over-year improvements and monitor, measure & refine the execution of security plans against strategic & metrics: KRIs & KPIs
- A constant learner. You strive not just to learn, but to apply what you’ve learned in your personal and professional life. You understand current & emerging security threats & evolve the program to mitigate risk as applicable, as well as staying abreast on new technologies, standards, and frameworks & integrate them into Hudl’s existing enterprise architecture & design where applicable
- Curious. You question the who, what, when, why, where & how with a desire for improvement. You’re not satisfied with good enough – you aim to achieve best-in-class capabilities while maintaining efficiency & simplicity.
- Pragmatic. You can prioritize, clearly express tradeoffs and generate buy-in on a solution that’s best for everyone while in alignment with organizational risk tolerance. You also serve as an informal mentor & advisor to less experienced staff. You have the unique ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs, risks and benefits of potential actions
- Maintain secure software development standards, provide training, especially to software & DevOps engineers, and review code or recommendations as necessary.
- Bring a thirst for SAST, DAST & a Shift-Left mentality. Previous experience with SecDevOps or experience operating in a similar function.
- Work with product, development & application teams to establish, maintain & automate a secure development life-cycle that is consistent across our products and ratchets software security forward by guiding developers towards safe programming practices and routine security testing
- Perform gap & standards analysis on Hudl’s software, systems and processes, adding automation to increase effectiveness.
- Enhance prevention, detection & reactive procedures to discover, act on and remediate security incidents.
- Work with development teams to build and maintain capabilities to proactively detect and guard against vulnerabilities.
- Assess, prioritize and effectively communicate the severity of issues to stakeholders.
- Understand the applicability of FERPA, SOC 2 Type 2, ISO 27001/27002/27701:2019 and willingness to support a common control framework.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental and physical health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program, Employee Resource Groups and fitness partner Peerfit have you covered.
- Cover your medical insurance. We have multiple plans to pick from to ensure you’ll have the coverage you (and your dependents) want.
- Contribute to your 401(K). Yep, that’s free money. We’ll match up to 4% of your own contribution.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.We also know imposter syndrome is real and the confidence gap can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don’t hesitate to apply—we’d love to hear from you.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs