Senior Security Engineer, Incident Response
RobinhoodRobinhood has commission-free investing, and tools to help shape your financial future. Sign up and get your first stock free. Limitations and fees may apply.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Detection and Response Team (DART) at Robinhood exemplifies our Safety First value by building and operating services that protect our customers' security and privacy. DART consists of detection platform and incident response teams who work together to assess threats, collect and analyze data, and respond to events. Together, we ensure the effectiveness of our safeguards and the continuous protection of our customers.
The DART team is looking for incident response engineers to monitor the full breadth of Robinhood's technology, detect threats, and respond to events in real-time.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- You will work in a 24/7 on-call rotation to monitor and respond to threats across production services and user endpoints.
- You will partner with teams across Security & Privacy and Engineering to address business and technical risks and to solve for inefficiencies in response workflows.
- You will lead and participate in threat hunting exercises to test hypotheses and incorporate findings into improvements to our security controls.
- You will design and implement strategies to continually improve the speed, efficacy, and safety of threat detection and containment.
- You will look for opportunities to reduce manual effort through automation and implement process improvements.
- 3+ years' experience in security engineering.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You have experience operating independently in a fast paced incident response, security operations, or similar environment.
- You have experience defining and implementing threat detection strategies.
- You have experience leading incident response, especially in financial or other regulated environments.
- You have used SIEM and SOAR or similar systems to detect threats and automate incident response.
- You are innately curious and are skilled at finding hidden signals in large and complex datasets.
- You are comfortable building tools and solutions using technologies like Python, Go, and AWS.
Technologies we use:
- Software development languages and frameworks like Go, Python, and Django
- Container orchestration and stream processing solutions like Kubernetes and Kafka
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Proprietary and commercial solutions for security event detection and incident management
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs