Cloud Security Engineer
MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
As a Security Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring for vulnerabilities/security weaknesses in our infrastructure and apps. This includes conducting and analyzing security scans, SIEM Management/Alerting.
- Creating complex queries for configuring alerts/dashboards within the SIEM and other security tools relevant to the overall security posture.
- Running security scans and triaging workflow to engineering teams.
- Managing security incidents such as occurring attacks or security events.
- Collaborating with our team with decisions on system design, architecture solutions and system reviews.
- Managing static and dynamic security analysis tools from both internal and external viewpoint.
- Providing timely and adequate information about the current state of MURAL security.
- Improving corporate security practices, processes, and standards.
- Responding to any ongoing or completed incidents, performing forensic analysis to find the root cause, and setting possible action points
- Developing and documenting technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
The top candidate will bring experience working with small to medium, high growth, global tech companies.
- 3+ years experience as a Back-end Engineer or as a Security Engineer, ideally working with Node.js, Docker, K8s, with a keen interest in Security Operations and Incident Response.
- Deep understanding of Linux, Networking, Cryptography, and Cloud Architectures (Preferably Azure). You also know your way around Docker (or other containerization technologies) and CI/CD pipelines, Securing and monitoring DB architecture, working within SIEM technologies.
- You have hands-on experience with Burp, Nessus, Metasploit, etc. Any experience with them, other popular tools, or have built your own tool is a big plus.
- Preferred knowledge of CIS/NIST/OWASP methodology and web and mobile vulnerabilities.
- Ability to solve complex problems by considering multiple solutions, weighing them, and deciding on the best course of action.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs