Principal Application Security Engineer
New York, NY, United States
DataminrCustomers rely on Dataminr’s AI platform for early signals of high-impact events and emerging risks, to respond with confidence and manage crises more effectively
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are
You are an experienced application security engineer with a strong development background and a vision of how modern applications should be built and secured. You have a deep understanding of how a cloud native, containerized, multi-tiered application should be architected and are passionate about cutting edge technology. You have proven experience working across engineering teams to help drive security initiatives at all levels of the organization. You understand that application security is much more than using tools to identify vulnerable libraries and packages.
You work well in demanding, fast-paced environments with rapidly changing requirements. You remain calm under pressure, and enjoy problem solving in complex situations.
- Provide technical leadership to help shape and research intelligent solutions for Dataminr’s robust cybersecurity program with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Responsible for promoting, designing, and evaluating application security in all phases of the application life cycle.
- Help drive the approach to application security, authentication, and secure development practices across a wide variety of distributed services.
- Conduct security reviews and continuously build relationships across the engineering organization.
- Provide reporting to executive leadership on current program/project status.
- Identify risks and gaps within our current state platform and drive future state enhancements.
- Help architect a big-data solution to meaningfully capture and surface security events across terabytes of event logs.
Skills & Experience
- Humility and common sense.
- A strong development background.
- Expert understanding of authentication technologies, service mesh, OWASP attack TTPs, API design, modern web applications, and secrets management.
- Expert knowledge of modern cloud infrastructure, containers, and SaaS applications.
- Experience managing large projects involving numerous stakeholders and tight deadlines.
- Understanding of common DevOps tools with ability to contribute to automated workflows and the desire to contribute to production Dev-Sec-Ops projects.
- Expert knowledge of and experience in implementing SDLC best practices.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs