Cyber Security Engineer
Dark Wolf Solutions is looking for a Senior Cyber Security Engineer who will be responsible for coordinating secure Internet capabilities for mission. The specific role for this position will be to provide cyber security guidance on securing the network and configuration used for Internet access. The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide guidance, coordination, and conduct IT security-engineering and Cyber evaluation, analysis, incident resolution planning and support across the client’s organization.
- Develop and establish practical risk management policies, practices, and processes to identify, qualify,
prioritize, and proactively manage cyber risk across sponsored internet programs.
- Apply rigor in qualifying the risk in terms that can be used to prioritize risk mitigation approaches.
- Develop warning triggers/conditions that indicate an unacceptable level of risk.
- Research status and policy impacts across the client’s office and the clients partners as a whole.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a framework that can be used to measure progress and success.
- Research best practices and highlight techniques and tools that fit the client’s needs and will provide a good ROI for the required cyber security posture.
- Evaluate on-going cyber security efforts and propose changes to improve institution of processes, implementation of capabilities, and coverage of solutions across multiple areas, and overall effectiveness of the cyber risk program.
- Develop a roadmap from current to future capabilities.
- Assist in the response to requests for status and policy comments from the Legislative and client
- Draft and coordinate responses to requests in a timely manner.
- Identify methods to improve analytic capability and processes
- Develop methods of capturing trends in activities and documenting baselines of normal activity on systems.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working in the Intelligence Community
- Demonstrated experience researching, analyzing, and applying cyber security issues and mitigation strategies
- Knowledge of investigation and analysis of data sources, which may include Internet, Intelligence Community reporting, security events, firewall logs, , and other data sources to identify malware, misuse, unauthorized activity or other cyber security
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience exhibiting oral and written communication skills to include giving briefings/presentation, reviewing/revising work authored by others, planning and facilitating meetings and providing support for technical documentation
- Possess ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels
- Process oriented, conceptually driven, and possess the ability to work collaboratively in a highly technical setting
- Proven ability to multi-task; self-starter
- Critical thinking skills sufficient to make sound and timely recommendations and/or decisions in unique situations, considering alternate actions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field. Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance required
- 15 years' experience
- CISSP Certification
- 3+ years working in USG environment
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IAM Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs