Cloud Security Engineer
Wayfair Inc.Shop Wayfair for A Zillion Things Home across all styles and budgets. 5,000 brands of furniture, lighting, cookware, and more. Free Shipping on most items.
Security Engineer - Cloud Security
Wayfair is the online leader for home furnishings and decor. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 8 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more.
The Infrastructure and Cloud Security Team is responsible for protecting Wayfair’s production systems wherever they may live. We constantly seek innovative and automated ways to implement security throughout the Wayfair environment. We also thrive on generating and enriching security data for incident responders so they are well informed about the threats we face. We are looking to bring on a junior-mid level Security Engineer who can help us maintain and grow our security technology stack as Wayfair matures and evolves. This person should be passionate about information security, highly analytical, and not afraid to implement solutions through automation and code!
Responsibilities you will be tasked with:
- Administering core security infrastructure such as SIEM, FIM, Vulnerability Scanners, and IDS.
- Deploying security tools to cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Solving tactical security problems through the use of code and automation
- Implementing security checks within Infrastructure build and deploy pipelines.
- Advising other engineering teams on security best practices and working with them to achieve business goals.
- Responding to and remediating relevant security incidents.
Skills and experience we value:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, CS, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in a security or information technology related field
- Working knowledge of Python or other modern scripting language
- Familiarity with general network security principles and best practices
- Familiarity with both Windows and Linux system administration principles
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience with containers and orchestration technology such as Docker and Kubernetes is also a HUGE plus.
- Experience with Open Policy Agent is a HUGE plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
A strong willingness to learn and tackle new challenges
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs