Senior Security Engineer
Job Description: Senior-level Security Engineer
XOR Security is currently seeking several talented Security Engineers to support an Agency-level Advanced Cyber Analytics team. This program provides targeted threat monitoring and response capabilities requiring analysts to have advanced levels of experience in security event monitoring, incident response, malware analysis and reverse engineering, cyber intelligence, insider threat, penetration testing, and fusion analysis. The positions will respectively focus on Security Engineering of advanced analytic tool suites. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are at the forefront of providing Advanced Analytics, and Systems Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, big data analytics, and cyber ticketing management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with network systems engineering, systems development, and security engineering.
- Experience with Docker (managing containers, networking containers, container orchestration)
- Automation experience to support CICD pipeline (tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Strong Linux background
- Experience with deploying and maintaining infrastructure in both development and production environments
- Strong background in security best practices
- Experience administering hardware, software, operating systems, and application components of various isolated network environments. These components include Windows workstations/servers, Linux/Unix servers, Mac OSX, Dell, Access Data, and Guidance Software products.
- Strong background in network engineering and systems administration with the ability to maintain systems with 99% uptime requirements (including on-call and weekend support if required).
- Experience developing network architectures, diagrams, security plans, and supporting information assurance
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems, middleware and application issues.
- Designs and stands up security tools, components, applications, and servers that meet production specifications and project schedules.
- Experience with the configuration, installation of Big Data Analytics solutions, Dynamic/Static Malware Analysis systems, enterprise honeynet technologies, and Network/host-based security applications and appliances.
- Participates in large system and subsystem planning and integration projects.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Currently cleared or can be cleared to the TOP SECRET/SCI level preferably with a DHS-agency EOD.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Familiarity with deploying to AWS
- Familiarity with deploying and maintaining ELK stack
- Experience managing ingest and processing of large data sets (with technologies such a NiFi)
- Experience with deploying and maintaining databases including Hadoop and ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with Java and Python
- Experience with issues related to security including firewalls, proxies, networks, etc
- Experience in lifecycle engineering with commonly used security tools is required (i.e. Splunk, Archer, Cisco, BlueCoat, Linux, HBSS, Mcafee, Tanium, Nessus, ELK, Hadoop, Sqrrl etc.)
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and TOP SECRET/SCI CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs