Incident Response Lead
This role is open to remote applicants in the East & Central regions of the U.S.
Recorded Future’s security team is looking for an expert security professional to lead the newly set up investigations team. The position is an opportunity to contribute to highly visible cybersecurity operations function globally, impacting Recorded Future, service ventures, partners, and customers. We are looking for a motivated and creative individual with strong knowledge of information security, hacking, and IT operations. The ideal candidate will demonstrate complex problem-solving skills, the ability to challenge assumptions, considering alternative perspectives, thinking quickly, and performing in high-stress situations while working in a strong, tight-knit, collaborative team environment.
What you'll do as Incident Response Lead
- Technical leadership and hands-on response and ownership of computer security incidents.
- Research and deploy new technologies as needed to support business objectives related to security detection and response.
- Design and implement new detection technologies along with playbook development and threat hunting.
- Advancing security automation and response.
- Collaborate with engineers to enhance, improve cloud (IaaS, SaaS, etc) based security detection and response.
- Update, modify and improve existing programs used for security detection and response.
- Develop documentation on all custom solutions.
- Regularly view and verify existing metrics to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Annotate existing metrics to improve user understanding of the meaning of metrics.
What you'll bring as the Incident Response Lead
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent technical skills in a variety of operating systems, programming languages, and databases.
- Expert in computer security incident handling.
- Expert knowledge of computer security forensics and security vulnerabilities.
- Deep Information Security knowledge and awareness of ongoing threats.
- Scripting/coding abilities.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for securing applications and data on those stacks.
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service platforms ( Amazon Web Services, etc.)
- Threat research and threat intelligence knowledge.
- Flexibility – willingness to pitch in where needed across program and team.
- Strong leadership, influence, and collaboration skills; sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating, and decision-making skills.
Why should you join Recorded Future?
With over 600 employees, $140M ARR, 1,000 clients, and 50% year-over-year growth, Recorded Future is the world’s largest privately-held security intelligence company! Recorded Future employees (or “Futurists”), represent over 35 nationalities and embody our core values of being passionate, practicing inclusion, and acting ethically. Our dedication to empowering clients with intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
Recognition: Check out our awards and announcements
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
If you need any accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs