Senior Application Security Specialist
London, United Kingdom
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company that is secure and protects the data and money of our customers, employees and investors.
As an Application Security Specialist, you’ll work closely with IT and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis to ensure applications and products have been developed securely. There will be a constant need for you to get hands-on to identify or help resolve issues whilst looking at ways to drive automation and consistency in adopting a mature approach to security.
Reporting to the Head of Product Security, this hands-on technical role will be working on a range of security projects and activities. You will be directly influencing the security posture of many applications and products across the company to ensure that security plays a key part in the development and engineering life cycles.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as one of the central points of contact with the business with regards to the secure software development lifecycle of applications and products.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure that security is built into the design of applications and products across the business.
- Integrate and maintain key security controls and technologies for the Security team in order to support DevSecOps.
- Analyse applications and products to identify key security risks, and recommend and drive security improvements using a risk based approach.
- Support vulnerability assessments and security testing.
- Provide level 3 SME support for security technologies or in the event of a security incident as required.
- Support the Security Risk Management function on security policies and standards, security audits, vulnerability compliance, and risk management.
- Work on the product security engagement plan, to educate engineers by scaling up security champions, implementing a framework for security best practice, threat modelling, and security input into design reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- Security certifications ( CISSP, CEH, SANS, CREST )
- Experience in securing web applications, mobile applications, infrastructure, etc. and supporting frameworks across e.g. OWASP Top 10.
- Writes code (e.g, Python, Go, NodeJS, Rust, Swift / Kotlin ) and builds tools.
- Experience with Security tools ( Checkmarx, Snyk, Cloudflare, AWS GuardDuty, AWS Inspector, Crowdstrike )
- Comfortable with version control and CI/CD pipeline ( gitlab, GitHub, CircleCI, bitrise ).
- Worked on SDLC in a large enterprise organization(s).
- Broad knowledge of the security technologies and capabilities used in an enterprise, particularly in a high growth, cloud based environment.
- Experience with cloud security such as AWS, Docker, Registries, containers, etc.
Preferred, but not required:
- A mix of consulting and industry experience.
- Experience with Bug bounty programmes.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs