Senior Security Analyst - GRC
New York, USA, Remote; Massachusetts, USA, Remote
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
About the Opportunity
Datadog is looking for a GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) Senior Security Analyst to provide program and technical leadership with the implementation and certification of PCI-DSS and ISO 27001, 27017, and 27018 regulatory framework as it relates to Datadog’s security posture. You will also have the opportunity to participate in the support of other industry-standard frameworks (e.g. SOC 2, HIPAA, GDPR, NIST 800-53) and contribute to continuous process improvement and automation efforts.
The GRC Senior Security Analyst is a business enabler and is responsible for supporting and executing critical portions of the regulatory compliance roadmap. As a technical leader of the GRC function, you will ensure that the regulatory roadmap supports business, sales and revenue objectives while maintaining alliance with existing information security standards.
You will work closely with information security, legal, engineering, product and other business units to ensure regulatory control requirements are translated into Datadog-understandable language that is informed by the organization’s current security practices and standards. We are not a check-box security organization and as such you will have the opportunity to participate in control requirements and remediation initiatives that result in pragmatic solutions for Datadog and its customers.
If you believe that Security and Compliance translates to business-value and enablement, as a primary objective, we want to talk to you!
What you will do:
- Own and lead security efforts in pursuit of Datadog’s ISO 27001, 27017, 27018 and PCI-DSS certifications programs in partnership with product, legal and engineering teams
- In close partnership with control owners, translate control remediation opportunities into business-enabling processes and standards .
- Own the successful planning, coordination and execution of 3rd party-risk assessments and audits
- Establish standards that support a pull once, serve many audit-support function.
- Establish/Maintain processes and procedures that support audit and compliance management as daily operational functions vs. a disruptive event.
- Maintain and support policies that are aligned with regulatory framework and organizational objectives.
- Support tooling and automation roadmaps that facilitate GRC-related activities and lead to reducing the disruption of audit events
- Actively participate in continuous mentoring and development of less experienced team members.
- Provide transparency and clear status reporting through the use of meaningful and actionable scorecards and relevant operational metrics and KPI’s.
Who you must be:
- You have a BS or equivalent experience.
- You have a minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience
- Demonstrable experience implementing and maintaining ISO and PCI-DSS based frameworks in partnership with external stakeholders such as Legal, Product and Engineering.
- You have demonstrable experience managing, mentoring and coaching team members as part of your formal responsibilities of managing teams and having direct reports
- You have demonstrable experience in successfully working with and positively influencing engineering teams, while understanding their daily challenges and demands.
- You have successfully served as a liaison for the organization and third parties (e.g. auditors, FedRAMP PMO) in the capacity of managing risk assessment and audit lifecycles.
- You have a working understanding of regulatory regimes and have demonstrable experience leveraging and implementing common control mappings (e.g. GDPR, CCPA, FedRAMP/NIST 800-53, HIPAA, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, HITRUST).
- You’ve managed a multi-cloud, FedRAMP authorization or continuous monitoring program.
- Working knowledge of multiple compliance and regulatory regimes (e.g. FedRAMP/NIST 800-53, GDPR, HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS)
- Certifications are not a strict requirement but are appreciated.
- You have a background in systems, software or IT administration and have been responsible for the implementation of technical security controls.
- You take pride in your writing ability and have been praised for it.
- You talk like you write; you are clear, concise, confident, and unafraid to make presentations. You have the gravitas and command presence to attend meetings where you’ll represent the concerns of security, sometimes against other organizational pressures, while maintaining positive and productive stakeholder relationships.
- You’re familiar with other cloud based productivity tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, GDocs).
- Compliance Certification a big plus (ISO 27001 Lead Auditor/Implementer, QSA)
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
<p style="background-color:white;color:white;">#LI-Remote This is a remote position</p>
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Incident Response Manager Jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs