IT Security Manager
Washington DC, United States
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced IT Security Lead.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The IT Security Lead role is for an experienced and hands on engineer who can work in a fast-paced, service-oriented organization. We are expanding the Great Minds IT team and looking for someone with a start-up mentality, great at managing multiple priorities, has excellent problem solving skills with a strong IT security background.
You will coordinate the IT Security teams day-to-day operations to implement and manage security infrastructure, and to provide regular status and service-level reports to management. This role requires an individual with a strong technical background, as well as an ability to work with the IT organization and business management to align priorities and plans with key business objectives.
An ideal candidate will have hands-on skills supporting a Windows and Mac environment, and have broad range of experience using cloud tools (AWS, Okta, Jamf, Azure AD, O365, GSuite, Cylance, Zscaler, etc). We are seeking a self-starter, with a bias towards action, comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization. You will also be self-motivated, team-oriented and passionate about technology and bring a mindset of continuous improvement to IT security operations.
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing information security frameworks, policies, standards, and procedures
- Provides project management for small security projects and participates in IT projects across the business
- Manage security related production issues and incidents, and participate in the IT change management board
- Manage a staff of information security professionals
- Work with the technology teams to ensure that security requirements are properly incorporated into new IT solutions and design changes to existing systems
- Evaluate and partner with vendors to implement security solutions
- Develops and publishes metrics and dashboards demonstrating security posture and event activity
- Manage the day-to-day activities of threat and vulnerability management, recommend plans and communicate information about risk mitigation
- Provide expert guidance on security matters for other IT projects, as needed.
- Support the RFP review process
- Recommend and coordinate the implementation of technical controls to support and enforce defined security policies
- Provide technical and managerial expertise for the administration of security tools.
- Work cross-functionally with our business teams to ensure security vulnerabilities are properly understood, prioritized, remediation plans developed to address the risk, and remediated in a timely manner
- Be action-oriented, and take ownership of outstanding items and ensure delivery
- 10+ years of IT experience, serving at least 5 years in an information security role and 2+ years in a supervisory capacity.
- Security certifications, training, and experience with CMMC, NIST, and/or Cybersecurity Framework a plus
- A bachelor's degree in information systems or equivalent work experience.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with business stakeholders, IT management teams, and IT staff.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with IT management, infrastructure teams and software development and test teams
- Experience developing and maintaining policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Proficiency performing vulnerability assessments and managing projects.
- A strong understanding of cloud security, operating system internals, and network protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to explain standards and frameworks such as OWASP Top Ten, NIST 800-171, CIS Benchmarks, and more to technical and non-technical staff, developers, system/network administrators, and management.
- Ability to work flexible schedules to meet job requirements
- Ability to drive or fly to various office locations
- Minimum of BA/BS degree
- Washington D.C.
Resume and cover letter required.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs