Sr. Security Engineer
Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking a Security Engineer to join our Security Engineering Team! A member of the Security Engineering team at Addepar has a broad range of responsibilities and security expertise that is used to solve unique problems to produce the most secure platform for our clients. We are looking for an experienced Security Engineer who is a self-starter, takes ownership in the projects they engage, and is a believer in collaborative teamwork. Our Security Engineers work on everything from creating a Secure SDLC, helping ensure best cloud security practices, and performing internal assessments to uncover vulnerabilities, among lots more!
What You’ll Do
- Implement technical standards, security tooling, and infrastructure to support key security programs: Product & Application Security, Infrastructure & Cloud Security, Vulnerability Management, Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Identity and Access Management, and Technical Assessments.
- Build out embedded security services, business processes, and technologies to enable lightweight but high impact security value streams.
- Perform a large variety of internal assessments, including web application and API testing, internal and external infrastructure testing, cloud configuration assessments, vendor reviews, host build reviews, and much more.
- Act as a key stakeholder in large-scale security projects, involving work on the Secure SDLC, Vulnerability Management Lifecycle, Identity and Access Management, Authentication Flows, Data Anonymization, and more.
- Identify and validate vulnerabilities from a variety of sources. Act as a resource and guide for engineering teams to provide guidance on resolving those vulnerabilities.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of information security related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Computer Science or Engineering related education preferred.
- Strong experience working on cloud-based, enterprise applications and systems as well as protecting cloud-based SaaS solutions. Experience within AWS and Kubernetes environments.
- Experience with designing secure networks, systems, and application architectures.
- Ability to build strong relationships and work cross-functionally with internal and external constituents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills, along with the ability to deliver to time-sensitive guidelines.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages, including at least one scripting language.
- OSCP and OSWE (or similar) certifications are a major plus.
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs