Information Security Engineer, Application Security
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
This role can be based out of our London office or remotely in the UK region.
MongoDB is seeking a passionate Information Security Engineer to help expand MongoDB’s Information Security Program, specifically focusing on Application Security and internal product security.
The MongoDB Security Team is responsible for the Information Security Program for MongoDB Inc; helping to reduce risk in our systems, company and to help establish trust in our product offerings and cloud services. Our customers are both our internal MongoDB employees and our external customers.
This is an exciting chance to be part of a dynamic and innovative team with a lot of opportunities to grow. MongoDB prides itself on offering careers rather than jobs.
MongoDB is looking for an experienced professional to join our security team. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years+ of experience in Information/Cyber Security.
Primary focus of this role will be ensuring that new and existing internally facing applications are secure. This would include understanding the full application release lifecycles, penetration testing, assistance with code reviews and more. This role is technical but will also present an opportunity to improve company-wide processes focusing on application security.
Candidates for this role should be fluent in a variety of information security tools, including some Cloud-based technologies. Ideal candidates will also have experience in pentesting, security reviews and awareness of different approaches to application security.
We are looking for someone who is proactive in presenting ideas with demonstrated problem-solving skills. Additionally, this role requires strong ability to multitask as well as solid communication skills.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Minimum 4 years hands-on experience in cyber security
- Demonstrated success completing complex projects in previous roles
- Be familiar with different Cloud (Paas or SaaS) technologies (like AWS, GCP, GSuite)
- Strong experience with application architecture reviews
- Experience with vulnerability management tools and processes
- Be Fluent in variety of security technologies
- Demonstrated ability to create scripts and automated processes
- Have a background in threat modeling and advocating for technical changes to exceed customer expectations, including delivering reports to upper management
- Have at least a basic understanding of different Information Security standards and reports (e.g. SOC2, HIPAA, Fedramp)
- Experience working with technical teams on finding elegant solutions to complex problems, managing them to resolution and release
- A good grasp of current threat intelligence and modern attacker exploits
- Understanding of networking protocols
- Experience interfacing with technical and non-technical teams
- Rapidly understand and assess new technologies
- Ability to work with geographically distributed teams and multitasking are essential
- Communicate security threats, assessments and risks as well as make recommendations
- Educate Engineers and Product teams on the important of Application Security and Vulnerability Management
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and architectures
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt to a modern, fast-paced organization
- Work Cross functionally with multiple teams on establishing new processes and improving existing
- Ability to create documentation when needed as well as defend and execute on findings
The Information Security Engineer, SaaS security will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks:
- People: Collaborate to secure our products with fellow engineers in various departments
- Organization: Ability to manage multiple parallel efforts and utilise risk-based approach for prioritization
- Communication: Successfully communicate your recommendations and rationale to both technical and semi-technical resources.
- Research: Research modern approaches to security problems, offensive and defensive processes, tooling and techniques.
- Creative: Find creative yet simple solutions to complex problems with technical requirements.
This is an important role to help mature the capabilities of the Information Security Program for a breakthrough company that is disrupting a $80B market. This position has significant growth potential and we’re looking for someone who is excited to take initiative and help secure our company. This position is based out of our London Hatfields office.
This position will report directly to the Director of Product Security, EMEA.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs