Information Systems Security Engineer
Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY ENGINEER (ISSE)
SpaceX is looking for an experienced Information Systems Security Engineer with a deep technical knowledge of information assurance. This includes a proven track-record of assisting with the assessment and accreditation of information systems in secure environments. You will be a member of the company’s National Security Programs Team and will be responsible for ensuring technical requirements associated with the authorization and accreditation of classified systems are satisfied. The ideal candidate will flourish in a demanding and challenging environment with little direct guidance and a high degree of responsibility and accountability.
- Work with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to bridge the gap between high level security policies and operational implementation of those requirements.
- Work with the ISSM, system administrator, and mission manager to ensure compliance with government requirements and regulations, including NIST 800-53a and derivatives.
- Update and assemble the required documentation needed in order to maintain or receive an Authorization to Operate (ATO).
- Serve as a subject matter expert on government accreditation processes in classified spaces.
- Answer questions on process, timeline, and status of classified assets and report what is required to the ISSM or others.
- Assist in writing policy, procedure, and standards on the proper secure deployment and maintenance of classified information technology systems.
- Accredit, change, and expand the current information systems in support of the program as necessary. Provide technical expertise on the authorization and accreditation process.
- Provide guidance, standards, and oversight to the development teams as they work toward accreditation of systems.
- High School Diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 5+ years of system engineering or system security engineering experience.
- Experience with Systems Security Engineering (SSE) documentation (Cybersecurity Strategies, Information Support Plans, or Program Protection Plans (PPPs).
- DoD 8570 certification for IAM-III (CISSP, CISM, GSLC, or CCISO) or IAT-III (GCIH, CISSP, CASP+, CCNP Security, CISA, or GCED).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completed bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems/IT, mathematics, physics, or similar technical discipline.
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) within IC and DoD communities.
- Experience working with the ISSM or ISSO to complete RMF assessment and authorization documentation.
- Authorization, certification, and accreditation processes as it pertains to classified information systems.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated technical project management skills.
- Strong experience with tools including XACTA, eMASS, and SSRDB.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance or active Top Secret clearance with favorable completion of a U.S. Government polygraph pursuant to employment. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing.
- Ability to travel in support of programmatic requirements.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs