Incident Response Analyst II
Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Incident Response Team
Does Momentive (SurveyMonkey) speak to you? Do you want to be part of the team responsible for securing a fast-paced, distributed environment? Do you want to have an impact today, tomorrow, and for years to come? Then you're probably just who we need to help us implement, operate, and improve interesting, secure, and scalable solutions. We're a friendly bunch looking for a teammate to learn and grow with. If you're looking to be an integral part of our security and brand protection.
What we're looking for
As an Incident Response (IR) Analyst, you will be a hands-on incident responder actively investigating cases involving cloud, traditional on-premises infrastructure/components, and hybrid environments. When not actively leading or participating in an incident, you will be threat hunting. Due to the nature of IR, we are looking for someone who is technically proficient and can effectively communicate with leadership, managers and individual contributors during an IR situation.
- Conduct IR analysis, network log and network PCAP analysis, and other investigation related activities in support of IR.
- Respond to critical incidents, threats, vulnerabilities and bringing these issues to resolution.
- Communicate/coordinate with internal and 3rd party teams during high severity incidents.
- Orchestrate & conduct table-top exercises.
- Develop incident playbooks and repeatable methods for managing and responding to malicious activities across networks, systems, and products.
- Work together with the Cyber Defense and Cyber Detect teams.
- Forensically analyze end user systems and servers found to have possible indicators of compromise.
- Identify security incidents through threat hunting operations within a SIEM and other relevant tools.
- Perform basic programming and script development in support of/as needed for IR.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of IR processes, tools and solutions with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, on call environment.
- 3+ years of professional experience in cybersecurity and/or information security or demonstrated equivalent capability.
- Hands-on experience working in cyber incident analysis and/or response in medium to large organizations with cloud and forensics components.
- Strong analytical, documentation, and communication skills.
- Basic threat hunting experience with SIEM, and EDR solutions.
- Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments, and levels.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs