Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Novetta is seeking a highly motivated Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to join our Tampa Solutions Team. The successful candidate will work both independently and as a team member, must be a quick learner, self-motivated, reliable, able to transition strategic vision into actionable plans, and able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously. Candidate must be knowledgeable in computer security principles and policies, to include the Risk Management Framework (RMF), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), and National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- Maintain Authorization to Operate (ATO) for a classified government cloud system in conjunction with DoD policy to include: Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST 800-53, 800-871, etc.
- Manage and create all Body of Evidence (BOE) artifacts for the system to include: Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), Security Control Traceability Matrices (SCTM), System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports (RARs), Vulnerability Assessments, Security Assessment Plans, etc.
- Work with software development teams to provide guidance and oversight into the implementation of security controls and other related security best practices
- Utilize automated security tools to track and manage vulnerabilities of the software development process. Tools include Nessus, McAfee Security Center
- Work with the program ISSM to communicate cyber security status and posture with government oversight to include AO, SCAs, CISO, etc.
- Maintain day-to-day security posture and continuous monitoring of IS including security event log review and analysis
- DoD 8570 IAT/IAM Level II certification (Sec+ or equivalent). IAT/IAM III preferred (CISSP, CASP, CISM)
- Demonstrable experience in Assessment and Authorization (A&A) using Risk Management Framework (RMF) using NIST 800-53 Rev 4
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments
- Experience with cloud environments and concepts
- Knowledge of information security and assurance practices and principles.
- Experience with ACAS & McAfee Security Center
- Technical experience securing networks and systems utilizing DISA STIGs and/or SRGs.
- Be technically familiar with multiple operating systems such as Windows 7 and 10, and Linux
- Strong policy development skills
- Cloud certification (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience working in a DevSecOps project environment
- Formerly or currently a system administrator, developer, or engineer
- Experience with MS Active Directory, Windows, Linux, AWS Security, etc.
- Ability to work in a matrixes team environment and support multiple different efforts as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Active US government TS/SCI security clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.