Director, Threat Detection Engineering
United States (Remote Flexible)
Unqork is the no-code platform that's pioneering a new way for companies to build, deploy, and manage complex, enterprise-grade applications. At this moment, Fortune 100 companies are using Unqork to create and deliver software without writing a single line of code.
Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals, and together we're creating a massive paradigm shift in the way software is built. If you want to have a hand in defining the future of application development, we want to hear from you.
Join Unqork and help shape the future of enterprise security in a no-code application development ecosystem. You will be on a team focused on raising the cybersecurity of enterprises that build applications on Unqork. We are a cloud-first company, delivering Unqork as a SaaS platform hosted in AWS, Azure, or GCP. As the Director of Threat Detection Engineering, you will lead and scale automated threat detection and incident response—helping safeguard client applications in financial services, healthcare, insurance, and the public sector. The responsibilities include:
- Report to CISO, partnering with Security Leadership Team to evolve Unqork's defensive security architecture and control stack, built on assume breach and least trust principles.
- Work with Product, Technology, Security, and partners to implement appropriate security monitoring aligned with current and emerging threat scenarios.
- You will operationalize and evolve automated event and incident response playbooks, speeding up detection and response times.
- Create a systematic threat hunting capability; lead individual threat hunts.
- Participate in Red, Blue, and Purple team activities, testing security control effectiveness.
What we're looking for:
- We value experience, drive and attitude over university degrees and certifications.
- Experience in threat detection and incident response in the cloud.
- Experience in Python, AWS Lambda, Azure Functions.
- Experience with threat modeling.
- Experience with common SIEM solutions (e.g., Splunk, Sumo Logic), and new alternatives.
- Track record high-quality technical and non-technical delivery.
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs