Staff Software Security Engineer
San Francisco, Denver, Boston, Toronto, London, Remote US, Remote Canada, Remote UK, Remote Ireland, Remote Germany
CircleCI is looking for an experienced full stack developer to join our team. The Security team is a highly-distributed team that’s building a paved security path so our team of roughly 200 engineers can ensure our infrastructure provides value to legitimate customers. You'll write sustainable, resilient code as part of an engineering organization that values teamwork, trust, and learning.
In this role, you'll be part of a team at the heart of CircleCI’s business that's responsible for build environments used by thousands of development teams every day!
What You’ll Do:
- Share rotating on-call duties for our incident response.
- Contribute to building the standard methodologies of a growing team and organization.
- Be a leader in educating peers across the organization on security issues.
- Contribute to internal and external security outreach programs, including writing blog posts and leading workshops.
- Respond to reports from security researchers and lead the coordination of remediation efforts.
- Collaborate with the Security team and partners to prioritize, project manage and report out on various projects.
- Collaborate to build tooling and processes to support the engineering organization in the creation of secure and robust software
- Take leadership on particularly critical code reviews in multiple code languages
We’re seeking someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, is curious and interested in learning, brings strong communication and teamwork skills, and helps others grow by sharing their expertise and encouragement.
Below you can find a list of skills and practices we value in candidates - you don’t need to be experienced in all of them to apply!
- Security mentality
- Web penetration testing and OWASP Top 10 experience
- A focus on delivering high-quality code through strong testing practices. You write functional code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable.
- Ability to manage customer demands and collaborate with internal partners of various level and expertise to solve them
- ~5 years of development experience with distributed systems
- Pair programming, both synchronous and asynchronous
- Experience with agile software development practices, focusing on incremental delivery of value. Demonstrated ability to lead multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage the ambiguity of a rapidly-growing company: adjusting to changing priorities, making conscious tradeoffs when guidance is limited and information is incomplete, and instituting standard methodologies from scratch when needed.
- Strong analytical skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Calm in a fast paced environment
CircleCI Engineering Career Growth System:
This role equals level E4 on our Engineering Competency Matrix, our internal career growth system for engineers. These are the minimum expectations for this position, but we are always willing to discuss bringing people on at more senior positions when appropriate. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.
Level: Mid-Senior Level
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs