Lead Security Engineer
Mountain View, CA or U.S Remote
Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.Learn more about Udacity's Values Students First - Better Together - Entrepreneurial - Data Driven - Candid and Direct - Talent Obsessed
As the Lead Security Engineer, you will champion best practices and guide the implementation of policies, standards, and requirements across the Engineering org to ensure that our site and software remains stable, available, and free of unauthorized access or denial of service.
We are looking for an individual who is motivated by our mission to teach technical courses around the world and understands the threats that a major website faces.
The successful candidate will take a leading role in our Information Security Management System committee and level-up the capabilities of the organization and continue to improve our compliance with ISO 27001, TISAX, SOC 2 and related standards. Prior experience with standards is not a requirement; we are looking for someone with prior experience in red/blue/purple-team testing who wants to apply themselves into a new part of the security process.
- Champion information security practices across the organization.
- Provide support and advice to developers building new applications.
- Develop tools to manage our fleet of cloud services in AWS and GCP.
- Participate in on-call rotation for security incident response.
- Seven to eight years of experience in Information Security, minimally
- Experience in red-team/blue-team/purple-team testing.
- Experience with systems, network, and security administration.
- Expertise in Go, Ruby, Python or a comparable language.
- Expertise with Linux, interest in containers, and experience operating large sites.
- Expertise with relational databases, PostgreSQL or MySQL or other.
- Works urgently and carefully under pressure.
- Balances competing deadlines and priorities.
- Encourages positive attributes and attitudes in others.
- Relishes being the go-to engineer for core systems on which all other products run.
- Sees through complex problems to simple, actionable improvements.
- Continuously learning new tools and techniques.
- Mentors others and supports their growth.
Udacity is a learning company and you will have time to learn our particular systems on the job. Not every candidate will have prior experience with the specific tools and systems that we use.
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs