Network and Security Engineer
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented, cleared s to support a small federal agency. The program provides various support services including Security Operations, Help Desk, FISMA Readiness, and Network Security Administration. To support this mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced CND Operations, and Security Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To support the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in network and systems. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of complexities related to Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of critical network and security infrastructure. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with Cisco network, Windows/Linux Security Administration as well as Nutanix VDI.
Note: The program is remote currently but post-pandemic there is an expectation for onsite work.
The Network and Security Administrator will assist to support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, test, implementation, maintenance, integration, and documentation of network and security infrastructure.
This person will be installing, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network security solutions and related monitoring tools including L2/L3 network security devices, IDS/IPS, Endpoint (AV, DLP, Endpoint Detection & Response), and other agency infrastructure (Nutanix/Citrix VDIs). The individual will be responsible for supporting LAN/WAN security solutions including creating and maintaining LAN/WAN security standards and design documentation and develop and assist with new LAN/WAN security applications and hardware as assigned. The person will be administering Symantec and Crowdstrike A/V solutions along with managing existing and new data sources to be brought into Alienvault SIEM and Splunk Enterprise Security in the near future. Strong written and oral communication with the ability to communicate with team members and interact directly with management and customer on a daily basis.
- ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED. In addition to the specific clearance requirement, the individual must be eligible to obtain an SCI.
- Degree in information technology or related field from a college or university that is accredited by a national or regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- 2+ years of prior relevant network or systems administration experience.
Advanced working knowledge of the following:
- O&M and troubleshooting of network and security architecture.
- Security Operations center architectural design principles.
- Systems, network and data communication protocols. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field such as NIST, FISMA and Common Criteria regulations and standards.
- Network Security tool development.
- Cisco Call Manager experience.
- Hands-on experience with Citrix and/or Nutanix VDIs.
- Hands-on experience configuring Windows domain systems such as Active Directory and group policies.
- Hands-on experience with basic configuration and deployment of Linux OS systems.
- Hands-on experience with SIEM products including ArcSight, AlienVault, Splunk Enterprise Security, or others.
- Ability to write and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- CCNA or CCNP certification.
- Security+ certification.
- Microsoft MCSE.
- RedHat RHCSA/RHCSE or Linux Foundation LCFS/LCFE certifications.
- Network security certification such as SANS certifications.
- Experience with Netwrix DLP.
- Experience with Office 365 log ingestion into a SIEM.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs