Senior Security Engineer
The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for ensuring the security of business and engineering systems throughout their lifecycle. This includes building and managing security tools and platforms, assisting users to design and assess the security of IT and engineering systems, building automation to simplify manual or complex processes and authoring proper security documentation. In addition, this role will also work closely with engineering teams and the cloud team to develop and test content for the Tanium platform.
What you'll do:
- Design, deploy, and maintain security solutions
- Improve the monitoring and alerting capabilities, portability, and efficiency of Cloud architectures, by creating and maintaining effective and repeatable Infrastructure as Code
- Develop tools and automation that integrate security into Tanium systems and processes; enabling our employees to do their jobs better and more securely
- Leverage platforms and API’s to automatically gather and correlate complex data sets
- Prototype new content for the Tanium's cloud platform and share research in the area of security engineering
- Design, document, and maintain secure system architectures for new and existing capabilities for on-prem and cloud platform
- Collaborate with Tanium engineering teams to provide feedback on Tanium products and capabilities
- Design and implement controls that improve the security of the business while satisfying audit requirements, participating in audits as necessary
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT or other relevant degree or equivalent work experience
- MS Degree preferred
- 5+ years of security experience required, 7+ preferred
- Expert in writing secure and maintainable Python code to solve complex security challenges and integrate solution
- Deep technical knowledge of fundamental security concepts, such as identity and access management, applied cryptography, and network security
- Experience designing, securing, and monitoring complex system architectures in AWS
- Experience with creating and maintaining security documentation packages
- Experience administering Linux, MacOS, and Windows operating systems
- Strong understanding of how to ingest, normalize, and maintain large, complex data sets
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.