Cybersecurity Sales Engineer- Federal Business
Remote (Washington, D.C.)
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 260+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a Best Workplace, Best Places to Work in NYC by Crain's NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
About the team
Are you a Rockstar technical expert and passionate about cutting edge technology in an emerging hot market? If you are, Security Scorecard is seeking a high energy, results oriented individual to join our growing sales engineering team. You will work together with Security Scorecard’s federal sales representatives on all technical aspects of selling solutions to the federal market. You will be the security subject matter expert for our sales team serving our customers and prospects.
You will be a strategic partner through-out the sales process, actively driving and leading the technology evaluation stage of the sales cycle. Working in conjunction with the sales team and customer success team as the key technical advisor, you will be an advocate for SSC’s products and services. Additionally, you will position Security Scorecard’s technology and solutions to both business and technical users. You will identify all technical constraints of your assigned accounts to assure complete client satisfaction throughout the sales process and establish and maintain positive relationships with your client's staff.
The Federal SE will have the ability to demonstrate Security Scorecard’s products and services to clients on site, remotely via web-conferencing software, and/or at field events such as conferences.
- Provide world-class pre-sales technical support and technical account management for SSC’s federal sales organization.
- Serves as the go-to field technical resources for the federal team, partners, and customers utilizing domain expertise to advocate for SSC solutions.
- Occasionally deliver product or industry lectures/knowledge transfer in the form of conferences or seminars.
- Lead customers and partners through whiteboarding sessions, product demonstrations, and proof of concept (POC) projects.
- Be a professional student of the cyber industry, threat landscape and continuously learning and explore leading edge technology, techniques and tactics.
- Proactive listen, learn and keep a close eye on key competitors.
- Be the field champion for Security Scorecard product management and engineering teams. Communicate cross-functionally to ensure all key stakeholders are up to date about product functionality and enhancements.
- Partner with the product management and engineering departments to develop features critical to Security Scorecard’s success.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of the product line.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs as required.
- Identify new opportunities by creating and developing strong technical relationships with customers and channel partners
- Participate in sales operations, enablement and forecast calls.
- Organized and analytical, and able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast-growing customer base.
- Travel as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in the technology industry – cyber security experience is a plus
- Previous pre-sales experience
- Excellent communication, leadership skills, and attention to detail is a must
- Familiarity with sales and enablement tool is a plus (SFDC)
- Strong cyber domain expertise within a core security discipline (e.g. cyber threat hunting, security operations, forensics, incident response, threat detection, security assessments, or penetration testing) with additional knowledge of security tools, industry trends, and methodologies.
- Experience within the federal or public sector highly preferred
- Must have soft skills that bring a sense of self-motivation, self-awareness with a vision for the art of possible with technology.
- The desire to work with an awesome team and a positive, “gratitude in my attitude” mindset.
- Industry certifications such as GIAC, ISC2, CEH, ISACA a plus
- Security Clearance a plus
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.