Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
DEFEND LimitedDEFEND New Zealand become cyber resilient. cybersecurity Penetration testing risk assessment NIST, ISO27001, SOC2
- Join a rapidly growing organization expanding across the South Island
- Shape and embed security into processes, promoting a shift-left approach in cyber resilience
- Collaborate with a diverse team, fostering personal and professional growth
- Provide unparalleled service, making a real difference in customers' security
We’re seeking a talented and experienced Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to join our growing South Island team. As our business expands, we are looking for an individual who can lead and deliver complex technical solutions to our clients while providing exceptional service and maintaining high levels of security.
- Lead and deliver complex technical solutions to clients, ensuring timely specialist advice that aligns with their requirements.
- Collaborate and partner with clients, vendors, and the wider team to deliver exceptional outcomes and enhance overall cyber resilience.
- Assist clients in embedding security into processes, promoting a shift-left approach in cyber resilience.
- Own the scoping, delivery, and reporting of deliverables according to the appropriate statements of work.
- Provide support and successful implementation of solutions, particularly Microsoft products such as Office 365, Microsoft Defender (Cloud, Endpoint, Identity), and Azure Sentinel.
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Manage deliverable priorities and output using the DEFEND Delivery Framework.
- Help customer organizations identify, understand, and address cyber threats.
- Proficient in delivering and supporting Microsoft products: Office 365, Microsoft Defender (Cloud, Endpoint, Identity), and Azure Sentinel.
- Skilled in assisting organizations with identifying, understanding, and addressing cyber threats.
- Experience advising and supporting organizations in adopting new processes and technology.
- Familiarity with securing hybrid cloud environments and managing risks associated with IaaS/PaaS/SaaS services.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet tight timelines, and prioritize effectively.
Success factors of the role
- Consistently achieve customer satisfaction through successful delivery.
- Receive positive feedback from customers on delivered projects.
- Encourage security-oriented thinking in customer solutions.
- Support and assist other team members in their customer delivery.
- Engage in personal and team development by undertaking relevant training, certifications, and shadowing opportunities.
- Demonstrate growth and knowledge-sharing within the team.
Join DEFEND and be part of a dynamic team that is at the forefront of cybersecurity. As a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, you will have the opportunity to lead impactful projects, enhance your skills, and contribute to the growth and success of our clients. If you are passionate about cybersecurity and thrive in a collaborative environment, we would love to hear from you.
We're a business-centric cybersecurity organisation founded by a team of passionate cybersecurity experts whose mission is to - BUILD A CYBER RESILIENT WORLD. Over the last five years, we've experienced phenomenal growth, working with a wide variety of customers in New Zealand and across 66 countries and winning several industry awards, including Microsoft's 2022 New Zealand Partner of the year!
Each customer we work with is different. Our dedicated approach is to help organisations progress on their cyber resilience journey by delivering outstanding industry services with the highest level of professionalism and care.
We hold ourselves accountable by our core values. Our People First culture sets us apart, and we believe working with DEFEND will be a time in your life you will look back on and truly believe you made a real difference.
What’s great about working for DEFEND?
By joining our innovative and creative team you will have the opportunity to contribute a variety of cybersecurity outcomes, from culture & awareness of cyber resilience, through to offensive & defensive security, developing yourself in technology and digital delivery across multiple sectors.
Work life balance:
- With a national focus throughout New Zealand, our team is made up of skilled individuals at different stages in their careers, therefore we can offer flexibility in base location, as well as embracing remote working
- Flexible working arrangements are available to suit your lifestyle
Career / Professional Development:
We will build on your learning to solve our customers most complex business challenges in the digital age, whilst developing commercial and business skills, along with:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way
- Mentors: You’ll be joining a team of truly passionate and highly skilled individuals who are at the top of their game and who enjoy imparting their knowledge and experience to others
- Opportunity: Progress into other exciting roles across DEFEND
Diversity & Inclusion:
We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation, or disability. Each addition to our team is an opportunity to grow and diversify our ideas, experiences, and viewpoints.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Azure Cloud IaaS PaaS SaaS
Perks/benefits: Career development Flex hours
More jobs like this
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, … Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia Full TimeContractMid Mid-levelUSD 85K - 125K * USD 85K+ *
Cyber Security Engineer - ACT 12mo FTCActive Directory Azure DevOps Incident response MISP SecOps +5
Career development Flex hours Startup environment Team events Yoga
West Jakarta, West Jakarta … West Jakarta, West Jakarta City, Indonesia - … Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 120K - 160K * USD 120K+ *
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Gear Health care +1
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 91K - 147K * USD 91K+ *
Senior Cybersecurity Engineer | WellingtonAutomation Clearance CrowdStrike EDR Firewalls ITIL +7
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Team events +1
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 91K - 147K * USD 91K+ *
Senior Cybersecurity Engineer | ChristchurchAutomation Clearance CrowdStrike EDR Firewalls ITIL +7
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Team events +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Specialist jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open SIEM-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs