Associate Threat Intelligence Analyst
This Role: The Subscriptions and Periodicals team is looking for a Threat Intelligence Analyst to assist in producing cyber threat intelligence for clients, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports. Your primary responsibility will be regularly scheduled reports, but you’ll also support ad hoc reports on threat landscapes for industries, attackers, attack vectors, and other common reporting topics. Writing either ad hoc or regular reports will require the ability to work with regularly recurring datasets, while maintaining the flexibility to quickly research and analyze a broad spectrum of cyber threat activity.
What you’ll do as an Associate Threat Intelligence Analyst:
- Research sets of standardized queries related to cyber threats for clients on a regular basis (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly)
- Produce and review finished intelligence reports that address clients’ priority intelligence requirements across a broad range of cyber threat activity topics
- Engage with clients across report lifecycle: Initial scoping, finished intelligence delivery, and follow-up review / support
- Work on projects with often tight deadlines
What you’ll bring (required):
- 0-2 years experience as a threat intelligence analyst or in similar position
- Demonstrably strong writing ability, to be assessed via a writing sample
- BA/BS, MA/MS degree, or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- Experience researching and analyzing cyber threats across either a) multiple industries or b) multiple timeframes (e.g., both weekly and quarterly)
- Excellent writing skills and ability to convey complex technical and non-technical concepts in both written and verbal products
Additional Skills / Experience (preferred but not required):
- Working knowledge of an additional language; preference for regions with more active or sophisticated cyberattackers
- Experience working with clients to produce intelligence requirements, or reports / research in line with client requirements
- Familiarity with cyber threat intelligence tools such as DomainTools, VirusTotal, SHODAN, etc.
Why should you join Recorded Future?
From over 35 nationalities, our Futurists are the perfect recipe of humility, accountability, and collaborative attitudes. Our dedication to empowering clients with elite intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.