Software Engineer - malware classification algorithms team
Zagreb, City of Zagreb, Croatia
ReversingLabs was founded in 2009 with the mission of offering organizations the ultimate in threat detection solutions. In 2017, we were honored to receive the JPMorgan Chase Hall of Innovation Award for our truly unique, automated, and scalable static file analysis, malware classification and malware hunting technologies. Our pioneering technologies, exceptional products, and successful customer deployments also drove a $25 million investment in ReversingLabs, backed by some of the savviest investors in the world. With our center of development excellence located in Zagreb, and offices in the United States and Switzerland, ReversingLabs is poised to achieve rapid growth and deliver groundbreaking innovation in 2021.
The core of the ReversingLabs’ mission is to provide the most accurate and complete file classification - and to do it quickly. To achieve that, every file is analyzed and put in context with data gathered from billions of other files. All this data contains clues pointing to the nature of the file: is it malicious or benign, and why?
Our malware classification algorithms team tries to answer that question. They are responsible for development and maintenance of industrial grade classification algorithms with supporting infrastructure for data processing with high ingestion rates. The infrastructure is based on distributed systems and microservices architecture.
Their solutions must be lightweight, fast and scalable, capable of providing file reputation for over hundreds of million files each day.
ReversingLabs is looking for people interested in joining our malware classification algorithms team. You will get a chance to improve our existing big data solutions, and an opportunity to create new responses to the ever-changing cyber security landscape.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Python code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Manage real-time processing, storing and retrieving large amounts of data
- Develop in-house classification technologies and data analysis tools
- Knowledge of coding practices
- Experience in working with GNU/Linux-based OS
- Familiarity with Python or other OO programming language
- Working proficiency in written and spoken English
- Enthusiasm for constant learning and teamwork
- Knowledge of architecture of distributed systems
- Knowledge of isolation and/or virtualization technologies like Docker or Oracle VirtualBox
- Knowledge of RabbitMQ or similar MQ systems and asynchronous communication between services
- Knowledge of Git or similar version control systems
- Knowledge of development using Flask or other Python web frameworks
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Knowledge of key-value store technologies
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience in using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Contribution to open source projects
- B.S. or M.S. degree in a related field
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Permanent contract in a fast-growing global company
- Challenging projects in a dynamic, collaborative team
- Great career advancement opportunities - ReversingLabs encourages internal promotion
- Attending leading conferences in the field