Information Security Application Engineer
Role & Responsibility
At Appian, we’re all about automation, speed, and efficiency, and we think the security field is a great place to apply these values! If you are an Appian developer with a mentality for security, Appian’s Information Security team may be the right fit. As part of the team, you will work to ensure the continuous evolution and improvement of our systems and programs by designing, developing, and implementing applications built on the Appian Platform and other tools.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and implement customer software solutions to support Appian’s Security Platform
- Ensure process implementation and think critically about process improvement; including monitoring performance and setting security SLA’s
- Dive deep into large volumes of security data, utilizing creative ways to find anomalies worth investigating
- Conduct security research and present findings to senior team members
- Strong ability to learn at a rapid pace, adopting new technologies or task quickly
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or other similar field of study
- 3+ years of Appian development experience
- A proven background in taking systems and applications from requirements to design and implementation
- A strong understanding of interconnecting systems, and using APIs
- A desire to dive deep into large volumes of security data to think about creative way to find anomalies worth investigating
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Understanding of network fundamentals and internet protocols
- Familiarity with both Windows and Linux/Unix systems
- Privately held software company headquartered in Tysons Corner, VA, with regional offices around the world.
- Global customer base. Large commercial and government customers
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.