Cybersecurity Accreditation Consultant
Dark Wolf Solutions is looking for a Cybersecurity Accreditation Consultant who will advise clients on strengthening cybersecurity controls and improving compliance with cybersecurity frameworks such as the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), Risk Management Framework (RMF) and others. The candidate will:
- Lead IT system security consultation and audits within cloud-based environments in accordance with NIST SP 800-53, 800-37, OMB, and other authoritative IT security guidance
- Research security standards/tools; review or conduct system security and vulnerability assessments of cloud and on-prem environments in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Develop, review, and critique assessment and authorization (A&A) documentation in compliance with DoD Cybersecurity policy and agency guidance, including DoD, ICD, CNSS, and NIST special publications.
- Support development and implementation of innovative methods to achieve compliance with government and commercial cybersecurity frameworks.
- Perform cybersecurity gap analyses between client implementations and requirements articulated in
cybersecurity frameworks and best practices.
- Create artifacts to support making accreditation decisions to include System Security Plans (SSPs), control matrices, security assessment reports, and Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&M)s.
- 4+ years of experience in consulting, information security, or a related field.
- Advanced writing skills: able to clearly articulate ideas for executive level consumption.
- Advanced problem-solving skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to address new situations; especially during interactions with
- Advanced analytical skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to seamlessly incorporate new knowledge or information during client interactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in information security or related discipline.
- U.S. Citizenship, an active Top Secret clearance and eligible for a SCI.
- The following certifications are desired: CEH, Security +, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC.
- Recent experience with cybersecurity and information assurance accreditation processes for DoD or IC.
- Understanding of Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.