Information Security and Privacy Counsel - Location Flexible
San Francisco, CA; Remote - US
As Information Security and Privacy Counsel at Dropbox, you will lead Dropbox’s response to security and privacy incidents, including complying with breach notification laws and engagement with regulators worldwide. You will coordinate a global program to promote user trust and manage incidents that impact user and employee data. If you are passionate about security, privacy, and incident response, and thrive in an environment of uncertainty, then this role is for you.
- Investigate and assess security and personal data incidents, analyze legal responsibilities, and drive legal and regulatory responses.
- Respond to global regulatory investigations concerning breaches and other security-related matters.
- Design, implement, and lead aspects of Dropbox’s incident response program.
- Coordinate a team of business managers that work on Dropbox’s business response to data incidents.
- Promote and foster a culture of trust within and outside of Dropbox.
- 3+ years of experience counseling on security, breach notification, and incident response matters.
- Strong understanding of, and experience with, domestic and global breach notification and security laws, including GDPR, HIPAA, and state breach laws.
- Ability to approach incident response strategically.
- Familiarity with technology and the ability to interact with highly-technical engineers and security personnel.
- Basic knowledge of SQL or other query/programming languages is a plus.
- Great people skills and ability to work well in fast-paced team environment with a wide range of technical and non-technical teams.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- JD, admitted to a US state Bar, distinctive academic record.
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company contribution toward individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)