Manager, Incident Response & Security Operations
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team ...
Do you want to lead a team of highly technical security specialists investigating cyber-crimes? Can you think like an attacker to stay one step ahead of them, or understand the operational security controls needed to detect, remediate, and prevent compromises? GoDaddy is looking for a Manager to lead the Incident Response team that have a winning combination of hands-on technical skills, strong leadership abilities, and an eagerness to build a world-class Global Response Capability. You must be comfortable leading teams on challenging projects, communicating with stakeholders, providing hands-on assistance with incident response activities, and creating and presenting high-quality deliverables.
Your manager is in Tempe, Arizona, and your colleagues are working in the US and in the UK. Your location is negotiable.
What you'll get to do...
- Manage security incident response and forensics specialists.
- Provide both subject matter expertise and project management experience to serve as the “point person” for IR projects and incidents.
- Recommend and document specific countermeasures and mitigating controls.
- Assist with scoping prospective projects, participating in projects from kickoff through “definition of done”, and mentoring less experienced staff.
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences.
- Utilize technology to conduct large-scale investigations and examine host and network-based sources of evidence.
- Supervise staff, provide feedback and coaching, and grow their technical and leadership skills.
- Improve GoDaddy’s business processes and incident response methodologies, framework and capabilities.
Your experience should include...
- Prior experience as a global SOC manager, supporting globally distributed organizations, including demonstrated experience overseeing technical response teams while prioritizing time-sensitive tasks
- A solid grasp of effective security principles, industry standards, and practices across multiple security domains
- Ability to lead a team of highly technical security professionals
- Strong program management and horizon planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to team members and to work effectively with technical and non-technical staff
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field
- Minimum 8-10 years of information security experience
- Minimum 5 years of management experience
- Technical expertise in at least three of the following areas:
- Windows disk and memory forensics
- Network Security Monitoring (NSM), network traffic analysis, and log analysis
- Unix or Linux disk and memory forensics
- Static and dynamic malware analysis
- Applied knowledge in at least one scripting or development language (such as Python)
- Thorough understanding of enterprise security controls in Active Directory / Windows environments
- Experience working within an agile framework
- Process oriented
You might also have...
- Incident Response specific or other relevant certifications preferred [ex. GCIH, ECIH, CISSP, etc.]
- Experience with any/all of the following tools: Splunk, ELK, Tanium, TrendMicro, Atlassian, ServiceNow, Github, Okta
- Ability to leverage project management skills to effectively drive incident team in scoping, containing, and root-causing an incident, with strong stakeholder communications.
- Ability to manage multiple efforts and manage tight deadlines
- Prior training and public speaking engagement experience
- Ability to prepare and review customized contracts for security consulting services
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.